Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1929 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Blogging and Community Building :

1,200 Unique Hits in 5 Days, Is That Good?

Thread title: 1,200 Unique Hits in 5 Days, Is That Good?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
09-26-2008, 02:09 AM
Sacred M is offline Sacred M
Expertise:
Software:

Sacred M is on a distinguished road

Old  1,200 Unique Hits in 5 Days, Is That Good?

Hey, i launched my blog - Gamer Heat Sept 21st and its got 1,200 unique hits within 5 days, this is my first blog, first website for that matter, and i want to know if that high or low traffic, all ive done is free advertising, posting on forums and stuff.

Tell me what you guys think. Thanks!

09-26-2008, 09:04 AM
roninapp is offline roninapp
Expertise:
Software:

roninapp is on a distinguished road

Old

For me, blog hits aren't as important as subscriptions numbers. Hits means you got people to pop in and check it out - subscriptions means you got them to stay. Feedburner is your friend.

09-26-2008, 09:36 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by roninapp View Post
For me, blog hits aren't as important as subscriptions numbers. Hits means you got people to pop in and check it out - subscriptions means you got them to stay. Feedburner is your friend.
i see, if thats the case i have one subscription, LOL, thanks for the heads up, i setup my feedburner account too. Guess im gonna have to think of ways to get people to subscribe, any tips?

09-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

Well. your blog is your content. So write better posts that will encourage people to subscribe to read what you've got to say next. Screenshots, youtube video embeds, and some quick one line blurbs are not gonna keep people subscribing. Especially if some of the content was debuted months and months ago.

Majority of gamers stay up-to-date with gaming-related topics, so they'll have already seen old content. Don't go back in time to get content. Stick with present and future.

09-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

^^i see what your saying, but i dont know how to get the LATEST gaming news, only BIG companies like IGN, N4G or 1UP get the latest news, i dont want to steal there articles (when i mean steal i mean take there news titles, not copy and paste the article) and say there my own, i dont have a report team either, lol

09-29-2008, 03:28 AM
mamadmankan is offline mamadmankan
Software:

mamadmankan is on a distinguished road

Old

how did you get so much hits on a simple blog like that ??

on gamingvision.com i get about 2000trafficvisit and 10,000imp

still good i guess

09-29-2008, 04:13 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

^^just post on game forums and general forums, but you got to have article that people will talk about

11-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Garcia Coder is offline Garcia Coder
Software:

Garcia Coder is on a distinguished road

Old

it is good amount of traffic. you need to research on how do you got that much traffic in 5 days. if they are from google then it is very good. if you are getting from other sources like stumble/digg, etc. then they are temporary. you need to concentrate on getting constant/organic traffic.

12-01-2008, 11:23 AM
playpharma is offline playpharma
Software:

playpharma is on a distinguished road

Old

Getting regular flow of traffic always indicate the popularity of a website or a blog. But, it needs to be ensured that the visitors should not bounce back immediately. To retain the visitors, you should keep updating your blogs with fresh contents.

I am advising you to copy and paste others content, you can rewrite the content of other websites for this purpose. You can hire freelance rewriters for this purpose.

12-10-2008, 03:05 PM
horizons is offline horizons
Software:

horizons is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Sacred M View Post
^^i see what your saying, but i dont know how to get the LATEST gaming news, only BIG companies like IGN, N4G or 1UP get the latest news, i dont want to steal there articles (when i mean steal i mean take there news titles, not copy and paste the article) and say there my own, i dont have a report team either, lol
Most gaming magazines are behind-the-scope in news, in that they've only got last month's reports to keep their readers organized. Instead, they try to get interviews with other companies and keep their readers interested in other ways.

I'd say be a partial portal. Do agitate some of the news reports, but go out and try to find new content to keep yourself fresh. Also remember that reviews are your friend (and people love to be reviewers; you could hold a few open auditions to add people to your site.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >