Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1929 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Questions to New Owner

Thread title: Questions to New Owner
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 >
03-29-2010, 03:55 AM
jd. is offline jd.
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

jd. is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to jd.

Old  Questions to New Owner

Now I understand that you are new, and have quite a bit on your plate but I am quite curious as to what we can expect in the near future in terms of additions and changes to the forums. I would personally love to see a more professional and aesthetically pleasing forum skin. An overhaul on the structuring and organization of topics and forums; including the removal of many that do not belong or are active.

Thanks.

03-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

Hi jd,

Thank you for asking. We do indeed have a lot on our plate, however, I knew this was going to be a part of the deal, so nothing to complaint about. I already had a few conversations with some of the long-time members via PM, and as of this moment we still discuss some of the ideas. At this point we have very clear objectives for both short and long-term.

Short-term, the top priority is to bring back the good old spark through: (a) reconnecting with members (newsletter is in the works), (b) content (working on bringing back quality discussions), (c) little SEO work (scheduled to speak with one SEO professional today actually), and (d) re-branding with completely new GUI that this community deserves, with it being both serious and mature. I find the last is important and directly reflective of the overall level of crowd and activity it would draw in. Regardless, I can say that the objective for the new GUI will be the creation of a bright and functional space, with focus on content, as if you were to be designing your own office, walking away from heavy graphics and clutter.

One of our very initial goals was to understand the structure, both informational and organizational, as well as learn and improve on tactics to combat spammers and shills. You've seen in one of the other threads that the mission was accomplished in regard to a large group of shills. As far as forum structure, I think this will come with time when I see how members interact and which forums/subjects are most/least active.

Long-term, while I'd love to present all the ideas, it is a bit premature to be constructing something very specific. However, its not too early to fantasize, and as I told some of the members through PMs, some of these ideas include creation of sectional content to this site as a whole which might include a blog with paid writers, a tutorial section with editorial control for quality assurance, where submissions will get paid for, tools and legal templates members might find instrumental in their work, as well as other webmaster tools and services.

Most of our short-term plans should be accomplished in 2010, and I see real growth taking place on this forum in 2011.

I hope that answers your question. Back to work for me.

03-29-2010, 06:21 PM
cableguy is offline cableguy
Software:

cableguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

sorry to butt in but i like the skin. i'm not as bored by at as the more seasoned members i suppose.

03-30-2010, 12:58 PM
Jeroen G is offline Jeroen G
Expertise: Website design
Software: Photoshop

Jeroen G is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Current skin = fail
New owner = win

Patience with Artashes = rewarding

03-30-2010, 07:05 PM
santa is offline santa
Expertise: Design, HTML
Software: Espresso, Photoshop, Mail.app

santa is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to santa Send a message via AIM to santa Send a message via MSN to santa Send a message via Yahoo to santa Send a message via Skype™ to santa

Old

Artashes, you are just the person we needed to revive such a forum; I sincerely hope it goes well for you!

03-30-2010, 10:39 PM

Old

The fact that I am yet to receive one negative [in any way] PM about taking TF back to its glory days, innovating on the way, and the continued interest from long-standing members such as you guys, who offer their help in any way they can assist, is a testament to how hungry this community is to get their second office back in order. I have never seen such enthusiasm on any community I've been a part of. The vibes of positive attitude I am getting are simply incredible.

03-31-2010, 06:58 PM
Lucas is offline Lucas
Software:

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Old

I'll vote for making last priority the first one, change skin. This one since day 1 has just felt like a McDonalds. There is a study that colors as bright as this ones actually make people not to want to stay much seeing the same page (hence McDonalds has the red and yellow, since it's a fast food, the whole structure intends to make you want to eat quick and leave, to leave room for others).

That's just my view, back in the day when we had the old blue/green skin it felt fresh and made you want to stay chatting all day, etc.

04-01-2010, 01:43 AM

Old

That is an interesting analogy, Lucas. Will definitely take into account.

As for prioritizing goes, I am moving into all short-term positions simultaneously. I know some people might get impatient, but in my experience, drastic changes don't happen overnight.

04-02-2010, 01:06 AM
Charley is offline Charley
Software:

Charley is on a distinguished road

Old

I'm new here so I can't complain much but I have to agree with Lucas on the skin of the forum. If this was the color of the forum before then I guess it needs to be replaced because it has a new owner.

04-02-2010, 01:53 PM
AndyR is offline AndyR
Expertise:
Software:

AndyR is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to AndyR

Old

Artashes is actually the best admin in the world

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 >