Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1145 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

The Funny thing about staf...

Thread title: The Funny thing about staf...
Closed Thread  
Page 9 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9
01-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Garrett is offline Garrett
Software:

Garrett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garrett

Old

Originally Posted by Big Zee
Morning all - Thanks for all your posts.

So here are my thoughts.........

First - An Apology:
Blue Ire should not have written waht he did - attacks on a personal level are not befitting of staff members level of authority (Its not befitting of members either). I apologise on behalf of the staff as a whole. This matter and general conduct of all staff is being looked into.

Second - Keep it Harmonious:
We had pretty much all but eliminted these slanging matches against staff/members etc since the introduction of all new staff. I think most members here will agree that in general things are much better with fewer slanging matches going on.

Third - Alternative Agenda:
I believe there are certain members here who have an alternative agenda in that they want to drag the forum into a continual slanging match. I also believe that a lot of members are wiseing upto who these people are, and are pretty tired of the way they are will spend hours posting in threads such as this, try to create a staff/member argument at any opportunity and almost goad the staff into making a remark which they can then jump on to start a thread like this. I think people should ask themsleves why these people love posting in threads like this, but contribute little to what the forum is acutally about - ie freelancing. Ask yourselves if these types of people are actually constructive members to have in a forum?

Forth - Three Strikes:
Anthony was only let back into TF on the absolute condition his behaviour was exemplory, and the first time he stepped out of line at all he would recieve a complete ban and no coming back. For those who don't know Anthony has been banned several times in the past and Robson you where also pretty clear in your thoughts on him
Therefore I don't see the reason for all the sudden concern that he has been rebanned.
Anthony's thread was resolved when he said, I will refund you you're money. It should have been closed for the fact lately arguments start up anywhere.

As others said, the (thread starter), knew where he was located, Moobrack, here, and email. Couldn't he have simply send him a email asking what's up? And have a little patience.

Not pointing fingers, but a mod lately has been telling others how they do there work, and how bad of a job they do. But that's his choice, but out of a moderator I would expect a mature response saying, something nice, not downgrading them.

With that said, I think for now on it's just a safe bet whenever a thread that whines about I didn't get my design or something comes up, lock it, and post please contact him privately. Since it seems someone always gets banned in a thread like that.

01-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Conrad is offline Conrad
Software:

Conrad is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Conrad

Old

Garrett, I love how you presume I didn't email him, I email him over 5 times..

01-13-2007, 09:51 PM
jwrage is offline jwrage
Expertise:
Software:

jwrage is on a distinguished road

Old

Big Zee how was the poker?
Guys isn't this getting a touch tiresome?
Also think of all the new members, they are gonna have to read all 9 pages before they can post lol.

01-13-2007, 11:13 PM
Garrett is offline Garrett
Software:

Garrett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garrett

Old

Originally Posted by Conrad.2006
Garrett, I love how you presume I didn't email him, I email him over 5 times..
Obviously he came here to find a thread about him. If you sent a private message he would have the same message, and less troubles.

01-14-2007, 12:50 AM
Conrad is offline Conrad
Software:

Conrad is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Conrad

Old

wait do you have admin, to see if I sent him a pm... wrong again. Learn your facts before you talk.

01-14-2007, 02:03 AM
rasberry is offline rasberry
Expertise:
Software:

rasberry is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to rasberry

Old

Originally Posted by Garrett
Anthony's thread was resolved when he said, I will refund you you're money. It should have been closed for the fact lately arguments start up anywhere.

As others said, the (thread starter), knew where he was located, Moobrack, here, and email. Couldn't he have simply send him a email asking what's up? And have a little patience.

Not pointing fingers, but a mod lately has been telling others how they do there work, and how bad of a job they do. But that's his choice, but out of a moderator I would expect a mature response saying, something nice, not downgrading them.

With that said, I think for now on it's just a safe bet whenever a thread that whines about I didn't get my design or something comes up, lock it, and post please contact him privately. Since it seems someone always gets banned in a thread like that.

He was on thin ice with that, but the ice broke when he sent abuseful PM's.

On top of that ZERO clients got refunds, not conrad nor the other 5.

01-14-2007, 07:15 AM
Cole is offline Cole
Software:

Cole is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Garrett
Obviously he came here to find a thread about him. If you sent a private message he would have the same message, and less troubles.
When a designer does not deliver, or any entrepreneur in general, the community deserves to know who to trust and who to stay away. I was long gone here for a couple months, and missed the thread that is being referenced, but I still think things apply.

A good designer is not the excellent designs he or she makes, but the way they treat the customer and how they present themselves in front of others on the internet.

When a client gets irritated enough to post a thread about their undelivered product, then there has to be something up.

----------

I agree with mn. This community has changed wholly since I joined back in I think April 05? Robson ran a great and well developing community (Not saying Zee is not, it's just that Zee is not the PR guy that Robson was). From lurking around here and from a couple friends and clients that lurk here occasionally, I have found that much of the staff now do not have the maturity, experience, or wisdom to moderate and control a large community (I will not point any fingers, some have done a great job as well).

I have seen threads bashing individual members, with some staff, instead of controlling it, joining in. I have seen designs critiqued in the Gallery with no construction, just negative, almost attacking criticism.

The authoritative thing will not work in an interactive community. The members are what power the community. Albeit not as powerful in terms of moderation as the staff are, without the general community, all TFL would be is an empty shell.

I am not personally attacking anyone, I am just addressing my viewpoint on this as a whole.

Closed Thread  
Page 9 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9