Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1140 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Constructive Criticism

Thread title: Constructive Criticism
Closed Thread  
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
10-16-2006, 09:37 AM
Garyrae is offline Garyrae
Expertise:
Software:

Garyrae is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garyrae Send a message via Skype™ to Garyrae

Old

Originally Posted by Julian
Sorry jjay, but I also have a family, two freelance businesses, sports and work full time. Work it out: I work for 10 hours every day, train for two hours a day, spend at least three hours in here every day, that leaves me with nine hours for my family, businesses and sleep. Do you or Robson have these kinds of responsibilities? Don't also come in here saying you can't get everything done in 3 hours, with a good team, and a workload spread amongst that team, there is no issue with getting things done.

There has never been an issue with the amount of time I spend in here, until Robson brought it up.

Suffice to say I am in here on a very regular basis and nothing has been "not done" due to me not being here.
To put it simply, if you don't have the time to do it. Don't do it.

You're obviously too busy doing your own things to manage the community, so why not let another staff member take your role as "Head Admin"?

10-16-2006, 11:16 AM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Originally Posted by Indy
To put it simply, if you don't have the time to do it. Don't do it.

You're obviously too busy doing your own things to manage the community, so why not let another staff member take your role as "Head Admin"?
Did you actually read his reply? According to Julian the time spent on the forums is not a problem for him and managing this community can be balanced with his other activities.

10-17-2006, 12:29 AM
Lauren is offline Lauren
Expertise:
Software:

Lauren is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lauren

Old

To all of those who are saying "why?" to the point about me being rehired... i don't want to be rehired, i just want you all to know what the **** is going on behind closed doors where you so can;t see whats going on! this whole place is run on a dictatorship... it may look like a democracy with a whole abundance of staff but the only people making decisions round here is Julian and sometimes maybe Big Zee! You can make up your own minds about Talkfreelance, after all it is here for you guys and you should remember that. Think about the promises that you have been made by the powers that be and then think about how long ago these promises were made to you and how many have been followed through!

Like i said in Rob's thread about stepping down, now that he has left there is no need for me to fight my battle... just remember to use your brains and not stand for any **** from these people... talkfreelance is here for you and it should be run for you the way you want it because without you this place means ****!

so again, good luck to you all... see you on the other side xxx

10-17-2006, 01:01 AM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Jeff Andersen
Mods have to consult super mods, who have to consult admins.
then remove mods and super mods. if they have no real power, what purpose do they serve? middle men aren't the answer.

Closed Thread  
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5