Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 988 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Abusing RSS feeds, why we should abandon them!

Thread title: Abusing RSS feeds, why we should abandon them!
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
05-31-2005, 11:17 PM
YoungCoder is offline YoungCoder
Software:

YoungCoder is on a distinguished road

Old

I do:

I spoke to Frederick Coleman, the owner of the young computer programmers forum about the matter, "In recent years i regarded w3reports as a reliable source of webmaster news" said Coleman, "however recently i have noticed it becoming far more interested in money making than providing a professional service."

05-31-2005, 11:21 PM
xdoomx is offline xdoomx
Expertise:
Software:

xdoomx is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to xdoomx Send a message via MSN to xdoomx

Old

Thanks for your input YoungCoder, added your comments to the article.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

CONTACT: Dominic Benoit, SleekSkins, 819-372-0653, contact@sleekskins.com, http://www.sleekskins.com

TalkFreelance community members disappointed with low quality articles

Trois-Rivieres, QC, Canada, May 31st 2005 — Members of the freelance web design community TalkFreelance have expressed their disappointment with the recently published articles on W3R. They have noticed an important decrease in the quality of the articles recently published on the popular web news resource, W3R.

“I'm sick to my stomach at one particular website right now, http://www.w3reports.com used to offer press releases that actually meant something, were informative and offered something to communities. It seems as though people are just jumping on the bandwagon now promoting their own sites for free and w3reports are letting it happen” announced today the owner of the TalkFreelance community. I spoke to Frederick Coleman, the owner of the young computer programmers forum about the matter, "In recent years I regarded w3reports as a reliable source of webmaster news" said Coleman, "however recently I have noticed it becoming far more interested in money making than providing a professional service".

Let’s mention that the articles published on W3R’s website are posted on numerous communities throughout the World Wide Web via RSS feeds. What once used to be a great resource for high quality web news has now turned into a real press-release spam dump by publishing numerous rubbish articles. “It’s quite sad to see this happen considering how good the news used to be on their website, I myself publish them using RSS feeds on my own forum” said Dominic Benoit, owner of WebDesignersHome.com.

TalkFreelance gathers hundreds of web design freelancers who are active in their way in the internet industry. The recent decrease of quality was received as an insult by many individuals who proudly support the W3C by publishing their articles using RSS feeds on their forums, it is now time to return the favor by giving the community what they deserve, high quality news and articles.

# # #

05-31-2005, 11:22 PM
FiveInteractive is offline FiveInteractive
Expertise:
Software:

FiveInteractive is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to FiveInteractive Send a message via MSN to FiveInteractive

Old

I guess you can quote me Dom

Tim Lowe, CEO of FiveInteractive has also said that he once saw the w3reports website as a quality source regarding interesting information about the internet industry for the average internet entrepreneur, but lately has seen a decrease in the quality of reports being posted, which could have been prevented by some reviewing on behalf of w3reports.

05-31-2005, 11:26 PM
xdoomx is offline xdoomx
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Thanks for your participation Tim!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

CONTACT: Dominic Benoit, SleekSkins, 819-372-0653, contact@sleekskins.com, http://www.sleekskins.com

TalkFreelance community members disappointed with low quality articles

Trois-Rivieres, QC, Canada, May 31st 2005 — Members of the freelance web design community TalkFreelance have expressed their disappointment with the recently published articles on W3R. They have noticed an important decrease in the quality of the articles recently published on the popular web news resource, W3R.

“I'm sick to my stomach at one particular website right now, http://www.w3reports.com used to offer press releases that actually meant something, were informative and offered something to communities. It seems as though people are just jumping on the bandwagon now promoting their own sites for free and w3reports are letting it happen” announced today the owner of the TalkFreelance community. I spoke to Frederick Coleman, the owner of the young computer programmers forum about the matter, "In recent years I regarded w3reports as a reliable source of webmaster news" said Coleman, "however recently I have noticed it becoming far more interested in money making than providing a professional service".

Let’s mention that the articles published on W3R’s website are posted on numerous communities throughout the World Wide Web via RSS feeds. What once used to be a great resource for high quality web news has now turned into a real press-release spam dump by publishing numerous rubbish articles. “It’s quite sad to see this happen considering how good the news used to be on their website, I myself publish them using RSS feeds on my own forum” said Dominic Benoit, owner of WebDesignersHome.com. Tim Lowe, CEO of FiveInteractive has also said that he once saw the w3reports website as a quality source regarding interesting information about the internet industry for the average internet entrepreneur, but lately has seen a decrease in the quality of reports being posted, which could have been prevented by some reviewing on behalf of w3reports.

TalkFreelance gathers hundreds of web design freelancers who are active in their way in the internet industry. The recent decrease of quality was received as an insult by many individuals who proudly support the W3C by publishing their articles using RSS feeds on their forums, it is now time to return the favor by giving the community what they deserve, high quality news and articles.

# # #
By the way if anyone spots any typos or grammar mistakes let me know, it's very possible that I made a few.

05-31-2005, 11:38 PM
YoungCoder is offline YoungCoder
Software:

YoungCoder is on a distinguished road

Old

Ladies and gentlemen, i've invited your friend and mine; the owner of w3reports, to say a few words

05-31-2005, 11:46 PM
trifolic is offline trifolic
Software:

trifolic is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Robson
I'm sick to my stomach at one particular website right now, http://www.w3reports.com used to offer press releases that actually meant something, were informative and offered something to communities. It seems as though people are just jumping on the bandwagon now promoting their own sites for free and w3reports are letting it happen.
Firstly I would like to sincerely apologize for the recent quality of PR's and articles published on the site, due to other business obligations that arose a few weeks back I have not been able to properly screen and do my job as the "Editor" of the site, the position was filled by an associate editor, who as of this thread is no longer in that position.

With summer coming up, I have decided to hire 2 new writers, which you should see more articles coming from rather than just PR's as you have in the past.

I look forward to any other questions or comments you may have on the site, or how you would like it improved.

Please feel free at any time to email editor@w3reports.com with any and all article suggestions on what you would like to read up on.

Sincerely,
Jason Petkov
W3Reports Editor

05-31-2005, 11:51 PM
xdoomx is offline xdoomx
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Proof that when we unite our voices we can change things for the better.

*high five*

06-01-2005, 01:27 AM
danny is offline danny
Software:

danny is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by xdoomx
Proof that when we unite our voices we can change things for the better.

*high five*
Hi all,

I am Danny (of W3Reports). I don't really have anything to do with published content on the site, but I'd like to clear a few things up.

The site has served as a great resource for web developers for quite some time now. It's been up for over a year, and we get thousands of visitors each day who enjoy the content. Unfortinatly, sometimes poor articles slip through and are published by one of the editors. Although we try to avoid this, it happens.

You may have also seen that we offer a press release service on the site. The PR service (which I run) is completely separate from the articles you see on W3Reports. In fact, nearly all of the articles you see on the site are submissions, not our paid press releases.

Our PRs are always newsworthy, high quality, and professional. Fred Coleman, a member of this board, used our service twice, and can probably attest to the quality of our articles.

With that said: I've been informed that Jason, the owner of the site, has very near plans to expand the site's staff and features. It'll be very interesting to see the new changes implemented. Be sure and email me if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Danny - danny(at)w3reports.com

06-01-2005, 03:54 AM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

He's not a registered LLC... *sighs* Now days, everyone wants to throw a LLC or some type of legal mark on all their work and expect it to actually mean something when it actually doesn't.. If it's not making up fake businesses, it's making up stories of how you have.. "a 10 foot thick wire stuck into the back of your hosting box and calling it a -oc48-"

*sigh*

06-01-2005, 04:26 AM
trifolic is offline trifolic
Software:

trifolic is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Bennett
He's not a registered LLC... *sighs* Now days, everyone wants to throw a LLC or some type of legal mark on all their work and expect it to actually mean something when it actually doesn't.. If it's not making up fake businesses, it's making up stories of how you have.. "a 10 foot thick wire stuck into the back of your hosting box and calling it a -oc48-"

*sigh*
Thank you for reminding me, I shall remove that and replace it with DBA. The LLC is not needed for any protection of online business. And to save you the search

http://ecclerk.erie.gov/CGI-BIN/DB2W...010001&UNIQUE=

Like I said, I have been extrememly busy with other things, I come here and try to resolve the situation and gather input, and yet you still feel the need to thrash me, I guess I can't make mistakes. Thanks

Sincerely,
Jason Petkov
W3Reports Editor

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >