Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1379 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     Web Design Resources :

Yaxay - don't bother

Thread title: Yaxay - don't bother
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
03-31-2005, 10:45 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Agreed. Money was offered as a prize and it should have been paid. Rules should have been in place before to prevent this situation occuring, Salathe should pay up, seen.to is a good guy and put alot of hard work into that contest with the hope of actually winning

03-31-2005, 11:02 PM
web is offline web
Software:

web is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Anthony
Nope, but it means theres a purpose to the game / contest.
"The aim of this event is to get people to post photos on the subject of Easter."
"I hope that lots of you enter and have fun with this!"

Simply put, Salathe wanted this event to regard PEOPLE, not one person with a mediocre attempt at an entry. The purpose was to have a fun event, and I think that was clear. The purpose was also to get many people to enter. Were these two purposes met? I think not.

"I (salathe) am the one and only judge of the entries."

Since he declared that he is the sole judge of entries, he can judge your entry as not even qualifying for either first, second or third place regardless of how many people entered. Again, this was not an official contest of yaXay so it does not adhere to the rules and guidelines of all official yaXay contests.

03-31-2005, 11:15 PM
Altm is offline Altm
Expertise:
Software:

Altm is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Altm

Old

The best thing that you need to do is just show your work and/or you're not selected/won or there's only one entry then.. just put the work you've done into your own Portfolio.., to be able to show the others who will need a project in the future

03-31-2005, 11:21 PM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

So you're saying that different rules apply just because a damn admin starts a contest, great ethic there!

03-31-2005, 11:36 PM
web is offline web
Software:

Old

Uh... you're putting words in my mouth. I never said anything like that. I said this was not an official yaXay contest so it does not apply to the yaXay rules. It didn't go through an official yaXay screening. It was simply a fun event put on by a user.

03-31-2005, 11:40 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

That's a devious loophole

03-31-2005, 11:48 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Any user can create an unofficial event if they'd just bother to ask us for permission. Events are not the same as our contests in that they're aimed for community participation and have no prize requirement. They're just events to bring the community together to work on a common theme. We've never had unofficial events like this, and quite frankly this was a poor first one! I'm still annoyed that only one person entered, where was the rest of the community over the Easter period?

If you'd like to start an event with us, then talk to me or TheDPQ about it and we can get it rolling. These are basically unsupported versions of our Official Events (which means our staff take a part in running the event) such as the CD Cover event.

These events are not contests because the ultimate aim is not to provide a finished product for the event holder to go ahead and select a single winning piece of work. There's actually no limit to how many judges can be in our events (compared to only one CONTEST judge).

As you can see, there are contests and there are events; both supported and unsupported. Now show me that loophole Anthony.

03-31-2005, 11:52 PM
web is offline web
Software:

Old

I believe he's saying that we are calling it an "unofficial contest" in order to cover up the fact that the only entrant wasn't given a prize. I suppose he still doesn't understand the difference.

04-01-2005, 12:10 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

An unofficial contest, held by a yaxay admin. Gee, screams loophole to me.

04-01-2005, 12:29 AM
web is offline web
Software:

Old

Does being a yaXay admin exclude them from entering contests as a user? Does being a yaXay admin exclude them from participating in any non-yaXay related discussion? Does being a yaXay admin exclude them from running a user based event?

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >