Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1027 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Template Portal

Thread title: Template Portal
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
01-30-2005, 01:05 PM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Expertise:
Software:

Stephen is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via MSN to Stephen

Old

So you think it will be a loss or a win?

01-30-2005, 01:07 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

So you think it will be a loss or a win?
I think you have much better ideas (from that list you posted the other day) i personally think it will be a huge loss, you can make alot more money for alot less with some of your other ventures.

01-30-2005, 01:10 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Ok well I have already paid for the development of the script so I could always make profit reselling the script right?

01-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Ok well I have already paid for the development of the script so I could always make profit reselling the script right?
Yep, you could probably sell the script for a decent price (more or less the same as you pay for it i imagine) Make sure you come to an agreement with the developer, so you are allowed to resell it.

Infact that is probably a better business, create the script and sell it to people who want to start their own template business.

01-30-2005, 01:11 PM
FiveInteractive is offline FiveInteractive
Expertise:
Software:

FiveInteractive is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to FiveInteractive Send a message via MSN to FiveInteractive

Old

Its going to be very hard to make this a win.
Trying to compete with template monster is ridiculos, obviously you want to aim high but imo you cant touch them. They are a multi thousand dollar company..
Also, the idea sounds good but as robson said you need to populate the site ith high quality templates or basically no-ones going to buy them..
Why will people want to sell templates through ypur site if they can do it for free at WHt or Sitepoint? You will need some major advertising to bring in the numbers of p[eople needed to make this big. be prepared to dig deep into your pocket with this venture, and as always good luck

01-30-2005, 01:14 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Reselling the script does sound fun the altrasoft script has sold loads of copys so I wonder if mine would. Do you want to know how much this project costed?

01-30-2005, 02:17 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I'm all ears.

01-30-2005, 02:22 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

$1500 :d

01-30-2005, 02:29 PM
Lord Kalthorn is offline Lord Kalthorn
Expertise:
Software:

Lord Kalthorn is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Old

Originally Posted by Robson
If you aren't advertising you're not going to get customers, let alone satisfied ones. Advertising on high profile/traffic websites will be cost effective if your product is good enough. I mean tm advertise on the same bunch of sites month in month out so it must be working for them.

You could take the route of word of mouth, referals and what not, but if you want to compete with the big boys you're going to have to go down that route sooner or later.
Hmmm... but Advertising? Its not very... right... is it? I hate Advertising; its just not very honourable - if your product is good enough people will look for it - you shouldn't have to pay people to tell others your site is good or your product is good - if you do you must know your site isn't good enough.

01-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Hmmm... but Advertising? Its not very... right... is it? I hate Advertising; its just not very honourable - if your product is good enough people will look for it - you shouldn't have to pay people to tell others your site is good or your product is good - if you do you must know your site isn't good enough.
I totally disagree with that, what good is an amazing product if people can't find it? What if the product that you have developed is unique and no one knows about it? A buisness should always be 10/90 in favour of marketing imo. Without a decent advertising plan then you won't get customers and won't make sales. People aren't going to suddenly come across your website one day, you have to get your name out there.

Advertising is everywhere, newspapers, television, radio, internet, magazines. It's the fundamental basis of business. Without marketing your product you won't succeed.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >