Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 859 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     Flash and Actionscript :

Passing Values from iFrame to Parent

Thread title: Passing Values from iFrame to Parent
Closed Thread    
01-10-2009, 04:10 PM
v-a-l-o-r is offline v-a-l-o-r
Software:

v-a-l-o-r is on a distinguished road

Old  Passing Values from iFrame to Parent

Hi I was hoping that maybe someone can help me with a little problem I'm having.

I'm currently in the process of creating a CMS and I have also developed an uploading script to go along with it. The user will land on the Create New content page and will write/modify whatever he has to and go from there. Additionally, along on the same page, I've also include the upload script I mentioned earlier. I put the upload script inside a frame because when a form is submitted, the whole page is refreshed so I don't want to the author to lose the content they have thus so far.

Somehow I need to pass some variable preferably Javascript into the parent documents. PHP variables will also work but I don't see how thats possible.

Anyways something else that might or might not be useful is that I'm using the text editor TinyMCE. I don't know how many of you are familiar with TinyMCE but bascially I need the values in the following statement to be passed to parent:
Code:
onclick="insertAtCursor(document.getElementById('TEXTAREA'),'content to be sent')"
The HTML strucutre currently is:

Textarea
IFrame
- Upload Script

I need to send values from upload script to textarea.

I'm hoping that I'm making sense. If not, then please post.

01-10-2009, 06:57 PM
v-a-l-o-r is offline v-a-l-o-r
Software:

v-a-l-o-r is on a distinguished road

Old

Can a moderator please move this post to the Javascript forum. I accidentally posted it in the wrong place.

Closed Thread