Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 641 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     Web Design Resources :

help please....

Thread title: help please....
Closed Thread    
06-21-2005, 01:22 PM
crystalleemoody is offline crystalleemoody
Software:

crystalleemoody is on a distinguished road

Old  help please....

well here is the situation, I'm thinking about starting a website for my work.....but there is a tiny problam. I have no idea what the heck im doing any advice??

06-21-2005, 01:47 PM
CalEvans is offline CalEvans
Expertise:
Software:

CalEvans is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to CalEvans Send a message via AIM to CalEvans Send a message via MSN to CalEvans Send a message via Yahoo to CalEvans

Old

Depends on what you are looking for.

- If you are looking for advice on how to design your own personal web site without any help from others, pick up a copy of "HTML for Dummies" Great starting point.

- If you are looking for advice on where to start in locating a professional to help you build your site, try googling for web designer and your city name. This will give you some idea of the local professionals available to hire.

- If you are asking if it's a good idea, it depends on what your work is. Some professions (Accountants) don't need much if anything in the way of a web presence. Others in the visual arts, need complex sites usually requiring more than one programmer.

- If you are asking what is the very first step. The very first thing I would do is register a domain name and get an account at a web hosting company so you can start learning.

- If you are asking my professional advice, my advice to you is if this is a hobby, go have fun with it and learn HTML. OTOH, if this is a web site for the company that you make your living at, hire a professional, not your niece in high school, not your neighbor's kid. I know some *really talented* young designers and love to help then and encourage them to develop their talents. but there is more to designing a web site than artistic talent. If this is your livelihood then you need someone with 'full life cycle' experience and someone you can call for assistance even during Algebra.

Anyhow, that's my $.02 worth.

=C=

06-22-2005, 07:40 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by crystalleemoody
well here is the situation, I'm thinking about starting a website for my work.....but there is a tiny problam. I have no idea what the heck im doing any advice??
Have a look at this site:

Lissa Explains HTML

I know you're an adult and this site is for kids, but it's where I learned HTML and a lot of the basics.

This site walks you through everything you need to get started

Closed Thread