Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1435 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Talkfreelance Updates!

Thread title: Talkfreelance Updates!
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 >
09-24-2005, 07:32 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old  Talkfreelance Updates!

I'm sorry for the long wait guys, hectic week and some unavoidable problems!

Firstly, i'd like to say that we were going to have a new header but i've decided to keep the current one for now whilst I think of a better idea.

Ok...so what are the changes?

Talkfreelance Image Hosting
Talkfreelance is very proud to offer this unique service to our members, big thanks to our brilliant coder, Patrick for creating such a great system and it's certainly something that sets us apart from other forums. This system is still in development and no doubt there will be future upgrades and features added, so feel free to make any comments/suggestions on it.

The system allows any member to upload their templates, personal photos, avatars, sigs etc. Every member is entitled to 5mb webspace at the moment and currently there is no bandwidth limit set. You can upload pictures and browse your uploaded files via the usercp or by directing clicking the advert on the index page We are very proud of this enhancement and hope everyone will find pleasure in using it!

Talkfreelance User Challenge

This is something we've had in the pipeline for ages! Whilst paid contests are good, we thought it would be fun to have events running around the clock for our members to enjoy. Members can suggest their own ideas and host their own contests for others to participate in.

Member of the Month

We have some of the best members on talkfreelance i've ever come across Why not reward them? Each month we will be choosing a member who has made a great contribution and making them our member of the month. They will be interviewed and given a special badge to cherrish.

Website of the Week

Our gallery showcase is one of the best features of this community, sharing your work with others and being able to get honest, constructive feedback can be very helpful We have implemented a new sub forum in the gallery showcase, here we will be holding weekly competitions for the best website a member has designed.

New Moderator

Please welcome Julian to the team! He has certainly deserved his place, that's for sure! We will be contacing a few other people within the next 2-3 months for possible positions, we do notice everyones great contributions

Talkfreelance News

A small hack on the index page, this is for latest talkfreelance news, it will be used for contests, promotions, annoucements etc. We felt it might be quite handy!

We certainly hope you like the new features, we've put alot of hard work into constructing the ideas and getting everything ready! Please give us some feedback and if you notice any bugs on the image system, let Patrick know!

09-24-2005, 07:47 PM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

All is amazing, and a well deserved wait.

09-24-2005, 08:37 PM
patrickPaul is offline patrickPaul
Expertise:
Software:

patrickPaul is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to patrickPaul Send a message via MSN to patrickPaul Send a message via Yahoo to patrickPaul

Old

Hey guys,

It's been a long haul but we finally released our updates! I hope you like all the work we have put into the website, my personal favorite being the ImageHosting Please share your feedback, I have many improvements to the system already in development. I'm very proud to be part of the TalkFreelance staff, but most importantly the community. We have a lot of talent within our members and it's great to see how lively the boards are these days.

Enjoy!!!

Regards,
Patrick

09-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Kenny is offline Kenny
Expertise:
Software:

Kenny is on a distinguished road

Old

Some really great changes guys
well done !

and congrats Julian as a new moderator

cheers.

09-24-2005, 08:38 PM
Aros is offline Aros
Expertise:
Software:

Aros is on a distinguished road

Old

Sounds good! As for the image hosting, wouldn't a gallery be easier?

09-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Send a message via AIM to patrickPaul Send a message via MSN to patrickPaul Send a message via Yahoo to patrickPaul

Old

Originally Posted by Aros
Sounds good! As for the image hosting, wouldn't a gallery be easier?
A gallery system is precisely the improvement I'm working on I was going to include it during the original update but I want to make it kick ass so I'm going to take some extra time to fully develop/test it before it's released

PS: Congrats to our first user to upload an image, Peter Avey

Regards,
Patrick

09-24-2005, 08:42 PM
Aros is offline Aros
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by patrickPaul
A gallery system is precisely the improvement I'm working on I was going to include it during the original update but I want to make it kick ass so I'm going to take some extra time to fully develop/test it before it's released

PS: Congrats to our first user to upload an image, Peter Away

Regards,
Patrick
Sorry I should have been clearer; I was more or less referring to an existing system http://www.vbadvanced.com/ or is that one too bloated?

09-24-2005, 08:46 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Aros
Sorry I should have been clearer; I was more or less referring to an existing system http://www.vbadvanced.com/ or is that one too bloated?
Ah yes, vBAGallery, it's a good system, I'll admit that. But as a programmer I don't like using pre-made systems when I don't have to. This way we can get exactly what we want for our community without having to hack up another system. Besides, where would the home-made love be if we turned TF into a pre-made-type portal

Regards,
Patrick

09-24-2005, 08:48 PM
Aros is offline Aros
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by patrickPaul
Ah yes, vBAGallery, it's a good system, I'll admit that. But as a programmer I don't like using pre-made systems when I don't have to. This way we can get exactly what we want for our community without having to hack up another system. Besides, where would the home-made love be if we turned TF into a pre-made-type portal

Regards,
Patrick
Fair enough, I like the idea's you mentioned before this quoted post - Something actually integrated instead of a standalone page.

09-26-2005, 06:52 AM
melf is offline melf
Software:

melf is on a distinguished road

Old  melfxtudio v.1!

hello as they are, because I proving all this forum... greetings

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 >