Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1723 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

What Major are ya planning to study in University?

Thread title: What Major are ya planning to study in University?
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
12-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Dubai is offline Dubai
Expertise:
Software:

Dubai is on a distinguished road

Old  What Major are ya planning to study in University?

So what major are ya planning to study in University?

12-01-2004, 09:03 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

I am currently studying Internet/Multimedia which is a broad course covering a variety of different modules. The modules i am currently studying are Business skills/functions, Quantitative methods for business, programming (c++/java), graphics, project management, website design, software engineering and networking.

This should help me to get a decent position in a company if all else fails

12-01-2004, 11:40 PM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

Business Management

12-02-2004, 12:09 AM
Gethin is offline Gethin
Expertise:
Software:

Gethin is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Gethin

Old

i duno! depends what im doing then (im currently 14 doing my GCSE's)

ill probably do php & mysql (so programming!), website design & devlopment and business management, then again it all depends!

12-02-2004, 12:42 AM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

I'm currently studying e-Business and Marketing at A level standards, so im hoping to do something related when I hit University

12-02-2004, 01:00 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

A levels were good times. I ended up with 3 B's in theatre studies, media studies and I.C.T. It was a shame though....i had 2 A's and a B at a/s. Oh well...still preety good!

12-02-2004, 02:22 AM
Captain Howdy is offline Captain Howdy
Expertise:
Software:

Captain Howdy is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Captain Howdy

Old

I have an A.ssociates Degree in Digital Imaging & Design ... It has a large base coverage of fields ..

- Hand Illustration (drawing, sketching)

- Graphic Design Solutions (visual hierarchy, juxtaposition, pagification, etc.)

- The Power of Logos (Anything and Everything about Designing Logos)

- Project Completion (sketches, roughs, comps, mock ups, final presentation)

- Photoshop I (basic ins and outs of PS .. moderate techniques and tool use)

- Illustrator I (basic in and outs of AI .. moderate techniques and tool use)

- Digital Publishing (Quark Express .. Do***ent Layout, Commercial Printing)

- Integrated Marketing & Advertising (VERY indepth cl*** .. demographics,
dermagraphics, target audience, purpose, style, etc.)

- Web Design (HTML programming and Dreamweaver .. page flow, techniques, use, skill sets, projects)

- Flash I (Macromedia Flash MX .. Learn anything and everything about designing in Flash. Only touches on basic Action Scripting though)

- 3D Modeling & Animation (Discreet 3D Studio Max 5 .. modeling, animating, skinning, scene setup, lighting, advanced lighting, camera info, Max Script)

- Digital Video (Adobe Premiere 6.5 .. Editing, Pre-Production, Post Production, transitions, filters, lighting, chroma key, sound, etc.)

- Motion Graphics (Adobe After Effects .. Special FX in video/film. Post Production work, chroma key, etc)

- CD/DVD Authoring (Macromedia Director .. Create Video-CD/DVD. Navigation, programming, chapters, menus, sub-menus, cd-rom video presentations and lightly touched on Flash Game Development using Lingo Script)

- Visual Manipulation & Enhancement (Combined Softwares clas$..Photoshop, 3D Max, After Effects, Premiere and Illustrator)

- Advanced Photoshop II (Advanced Professional Uses of PS .. test to become a Photoshop A.C.E. Adobe Certified Expert .. test administered by Adobe)

- Advanced Illustrator II (Advanced Professional Uses of AI .. test to become an Illustrator A.C.E.)

- Flash II (Build project portfolio web site using Flash only)

- 3D Animation & Visual Effects (3D Max 6 .. More modeling and animation work, create animated short movies, character development, skinning and rigging characters)

- Media Animation (3D Max 6 and Adobe After Effects Combined Softwares course .. create media animation, show intros and closings, sweepers, fillers, identifiers, etc.)

- Digital Photography (You learn the ins and outs of photography)

- Digital Publishing II (conceptualize, design, layout and create a 70 page hard back book. You do all of the work from the first idea sketch to final prep for 6 color printing press. Take work to local book publishing and printing house. Book becomes a hard back copy of your portfolio)

- Commercial Illustration (Real Clients with Real Projects .. 3-piece project. You're given a data sheet of project specs .. client comes in to offer more info .. you're given a DTP 'deadline to presentation' time. Client returns and you present him/her/them with your design. Which ever design they will be used daily in the real world.)

- InHouse Design (This clas$ is basicly a design firm. You're part of a 7 person design team. Real Clients are brought in and your design team meets their needs. This covers EVERYTHING that you have learned so far, using every piece of software you have learned. This is not just a 1-piece project. This is total design..Logo, stationary, 5-piece Ad Design 3x3 to Full Page, Web Design, Advertising Research, Technical Writing, Copy Writing, Product Design and a 30-60 second TV commercial which your team must conceptualize, write, plan, cast, direct, produce, shoot, edit, enhance and present. It is up to your team to handle all business aspects of this project. This clas$ is the real deal, no bullshlt, no excuses. Everything is done Full On. All work, IF the client likes it, will be used in the real world. This clas$ is for the Top 7 Elite out of the entire program.)

I absolutely LOVED every second that I spent in clas$, in front of the computer, nose in books, pencil in hand. This program is 100% hands on. There are some negative points about this program .. You do not learn php, asp, dhtml, xhtml, xml. The Programming, Coding and Scripting that you do learn is very basic and very minimal. It cost me roughly 3 years and $25K and I think it was worth every penny. If I ever wanted to go for my Bachelors Degree .. it would take about a year and cost me about $5K.

As program perks..You get to attend SIGGRAPH and E3 (if possible)

As soon as I have finished with my company site, I will post a link so yall can check out the portfolio/services section. Pretty much everything mentioned above will eventually be included. I know a lot of people don't know what Media Animation is, but I'll have some examples to check out.

??Can we possibly take the word AS.S off of the censored word list??

12-02-2004, 02:24 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

You seem to have a wide range of skills, sounds like a very enjoyable course!

12-02-2004, 05:16 AM
patrickPaul is offline patrickPaul
Expertise:
Software:

patrickPaul is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to patrickPaul Send a message via MSN to patrickPaul Send a message via Yahoo to patrickPaul

Old

Computer Science all the way. I am currently in contact with Microsoft and Zend for internship opportunities.

Regards,
Patrick

12-02-2004, 07:42 AM
nykoelle is offline nykoelle
Expertise:
Software:

nykoelle is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to nykoelle

Old

I'm an IT major.

It covers stuff like DB Admin and Web Programming and Networking

Closed Thread