Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 776 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     Web Design Resources :

Guru.com vs. Elance.com

Thread title: Guru.com vs. Elance.com
Closed Thread    
11-23-2005, 04:15 PM
dart is offline dart
Expertise:
Software:

dart is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to dart Send a message via Yahoo to dart

Old  Guru.com vs. Elance.com

Hello everybody. I need some help. I have some experience working on free sites getafreelancer.com and scriptlance.com but now I’m looking for something more powerfull with greater bids and greater clients…. You know you get what you paid for. So please help me to select the right one. I have looked through guru and found that they have less active projects and too complicate profile system.

P.S. If you are interested then you can take a look at my portfolio at http://dart.rocketfly.com/portfolio.html. I have made this site 1 year ago… it looks not professional now. That’s why and also because of marketing issues I’m planning to use flash and add all my last works. Unfortunately most of clients like this stupid flash overdosed music driven sites

11-26-2005, 02:40 AM
magentis is offline magentis
Software:

magentis is on a distinguished road

Old

I am on Elance, since a month, won a bid. The fees are very high. So I am paying there lowest membership which is $20/month but it allows only 3 bid a month which is very low. The thing is with Elance if you win a bid you need to pay fees which are % of the amount. So I ended up paying like $17 for that project.....anyways...still make money out of it.... I might change to another membership with them after Christmas which allows 80 bids a month for something like 245.00/year.

I am not familair with Guru.

Regards,
Caroline

11-26-2005, 03:27 AM
Varelse is offline Varelse
Expertise:
Software:

Varelse is on a distinguished road

Old

I've used Guru some time ago (before it changed the name and was known as CreativeMoonlighter) but wasn't impressed with their system.
If I ever decide to get back to these boards, I'd rather use Elance.

I think you should finish your new site design before starting there - professionally looking portfolio will make much better impression and attract more buyers. It is important when you have to pay a monthly/yearly fee - each week without the project won means some loss.

11-27-2005, 11:38 AM
dart is offline dart
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Varelse
I've used Guru some time ago (before it changed the name and was known as CreativeMoonlighter) but wasn't impressed with their system.
If I ever decide to get back to these boards, I'd rather use Elance.

I think you should finish your new site design before starting there - professionally looking portfolio will make much better impression and attract more buyers. It is important when you have to pay a monthly/yearly fee - each week without the project won means some loss.
Thanks for nice advice. I'm making new portfolio right now. I want to make flash driven. I agree with you that a lot of customers select designers only because of their portfolios, and as I noticed they like flash sites (I don’t like them very much).

11-27-2005, 04:36 PM
AlexK is offline AlexK
Expertise:
Software:

AlexK is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to AlexK

Old

I have never really tried any of them, but if I should I would choose Elance.
I have heard a lot of positive feedback about Elance, and sometimes some of the big players "start some projects". By that I mean, something like the Olympic 2006 logo and so

Good luck!

12-01-2005, 05:56 PM
gariben is offline gariben
Software:

gariben is on a distinguished road

Old

I recommend Elance. Compared to other sites.. there tend to be more people with money using Elance

12-01-2005, 06:36 PM
dart is offline dart
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Thanks everyone for your help. I think i will try Elance. Now i have to create nice portfolio to attract more clients. I'll show it here when it be ready because there is a lot of experienced designers and clients here.

12-07-2005, 05:52 PM
fireport is offline fireport
Software:

fireport is on a distinguished road

Old

on guru i have found after all the fees you end up with not much. Plus the clients are still pretty tight with the old cash. I have seen better projects on scriptlance. lol. i have started a site whihc i have decided to run completely free of charges for freelancers. http://www.workfreelance.net so they can use the escrow facilities.

I have enough clients not to look for work online but i think if i did the only place i would try is elance for the quality of clients.

12-08-2005, 08:44 AM
mantramalhotra is offline mantramalhotra
Software:

mantramalhotra is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to mantramalhotra Send a message via Yahoo to mantramalhotra

Old

Imho, guru is better than elance. Elance is too expensive and I have good inflow of work from Guru.

Closed Thread