Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1066 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

!New! Busines card

Thread title: !New! Busines card
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
02-18-2007, 10:06 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Daxx View Post
In the top one of the concept 1 and 2, im guessing there's around 100+ color variations, and that will cost a well lets shout altogether now, 'A f***ing LOT'.
it doesn't matter how many different colours there are. you pay for cyan, magents, yellow and black. if you do a solid colour that uses all 4 to make a custom shade, you're still paying for full colour printing.

02-19-2007, 07:23 AM
Mr.tyro is offline Mr.tyro
Expertise:
Software:

Mr.tyro is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Mr.tyro

Old

o ok thanx for that

02-19-2007, 11:35 AM
DJAC is offline DJAC
Expertise:
Software:

DJAC is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to DJAC

Old

I prefer concept 2. I find the black background and the purple create a stronger contrast compared to the beige/purple in concept 1.

I dunno why, but at first glance I liked concept 2 and after comparing both I still like concept 2.

Nice work

02-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

thanx very much

02-19-2007, 05:30 PM
creativejen is offline creativejen
Expertise: design, front-end markup
Software: Photoshop

creativejen is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to creativejen

Old

@Derek Lapp, what you said seems obviously correct, however.. what i heard from soemone elses experiences that the more tone of colors you have the more expensive it is. I've always thought it was weird but oh well. I'll look into it myself later.

Staying on topic however, I prefer concept 1. And for Mr.tyro, what you said earlier about making custom stuff, well.. if that comment was for me.. i'll say that i dont need anyone to do design work for me. But thanks anyway

When i said that cost for printing would be huge was not at all intended to say that I couldnt afford it. Just thought i'd tell ya.

02-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

@Derek Lapp, what you said seems obviously correct, however.. what i heard from soemone elses experiences that the more tone of colors you have the more expensive it is. I've always thought it was weird but oh well. I'll look into it myself later.

Staying on topic however, I prefer concept 1. And for Mr.tyro, what you said earlier about making custom stuff, well.. if that comment was for me.. i'll say that i dont need anyone to do design work for me. But thanks anyway

When i said that cost for printing would be huge was not at all intended to say that I couldnt afford it. Just thought i'd tell ya.
ok no probs

02-19-2007, 06:27 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

it will also depend on how you're printing and what colours you've picked. printers usually have default colours, so if you just want red, you'll only pay for 1 colour, red, but if you want a specific shade IE coke red, you're going to have to pay for the 4 colour printing to make up the right cmyk values. but coke has a copyright on their red anyways, so i doubt they'd sell it to you.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2