Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 821 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     PHP and MySQL :

SCRIPT Problem

Thread title: SCRIPT Problem
Closed Thread    
01-12-2005, 03:15 AM
CEStudios is offline CEStudios
Software:

CEStudios is on a distinguished road

Old  SCRIPT Problem

Ok im not shure how to do this so here it goes, Ok, i am making a form for a client that has some combo boxes so they can click the down button and select stuff from it. Well at the end of this form i need to make what they selected in those combo boxes e-mail to the guy. I use php, i did this with his contact form but it was with input text so i could just simply give it a variable name in the properties of the input text and load it into the php script like

PHP:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E-mail: $email

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and the $email is the variable name. But with the component combo box there is no area to enter a variable name in the properties of it. I tried just giving it an instance name and doing this in php to load what they selected
PHP:

Selection: $combobox

but it wont work with the instance name. So how do i make what they selected go into the php script and e-mail to the guy?

01-12-2005, 03:21 AM
patrickPaul is offline patrickPaul
Expertise:
Software:

patrickPaul is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to patrickPaul Send a message via MSN to patrickPaul Send a message via Yahoo to patrickPaul

Old

CEStudios,

Please post the form and maybe even the current script and I'd be glad to show you how to do it You may PM me if you'd like.

Regards,
Patrick

01-12-2005, 03:53 AM
CEStudios is offline CEStudios
Software:

CEStudios is on a distinguished road

Old

OK what do you want to see, i cant figure out how to load my file on to this so you can see it. The flash file has several areas of action scripting. Ok ill try laying it out for you. I have 2 layers, the top layer on the timeline has scripting in it. The timeline only has 2 frames, one for the form and the next for the confirmation. Bottom layer has all the text and stuff in it. The top layers coding is as follows, frame 1 (the actual form where you select what you want in the combo box)
Code:
fscommand ("allowscale", "false");
mailform = "compform.php";
action = "";
stop ()
Frame 2 on the top layer is as follows

Code:
loadVariablesNum(compform, 0);
answer = "Please wait for confirmation ...";
stop();
Ok, the bottom layer only has coding on the submit button, currently the combo box has an instance name of box, no action script is on it. The action script on the submit button is as follows

Code:
on (release) {
		action = "Send";
		loadVariablesNum("compform.php", 0, "POST");
		nextFrame();
	}
If you need the php script let me know. But im just trying to figure out how to take what they select in the combo box and send what they clicked to php so it will e-mail what they selected to the guy.

Closed Thread