Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 538 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Web Hosting and Domain Names :

Your Favourite Hosting Company

Thread title: Your Favourite Hosting Company
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
12-13-2005, 06:09 PM
jhmattern is offline jhmattern
Expertise:
Software:

jhmattern is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by oneimedia
Both of which GoDaddy and MediaTemple are very note worthy for.
I despise GoDaddy for hosting (not familiar with MediaTemple). I used them for my business at first. First of all, there wasn't the ability to host multiple domains, which I run several. Secondly, I wanted to use ConstantContact to manage my newsletters ( a pretty well-respected company ), which would go out not only to subscribers but to my site's writers (using the email addresses I also purchased from GoDaddy - before they were automatically included with domains). However, GoDaddy refused to allow my own email addresses for my writers to receive my own company's newsletter! They refused to whitelist them. I ultimately discovered, after arguing for days with GoDaddy's "support" people, that the ban had something to do with a competition issue between the companies. It was the most UNPROFESSIONAL bs I'd ever heard!!! Do NOT use this company for hosting. They think they have the right to control how you run your business. What a crock!

Anyway, I since switched to HostGator, and love them! For less than $10/month I get 5 GB space, more bandwidth than I could need (and that's with running media files and such as well), I can have unlimited email accounts, domains and sub-domains ... literally EVERY feature I could possibly want is available on my account. I have FULL control, no BS like GoDaddy tried to pull, the site's NEVER been down since switching, and on the rare occasion I've needed support (mostly because I simply didn't know how to do something), they've gotten back to me via email in no more than a few hours. They are definitely worth checking out.

12-14-2005, 10:27 PM
Anamith is offline Anamith
Software:

Anamith is on a distinguished road

Old

Definitely Dreamhost. Their "Crazy Domain Insane" package gives you 4800mb space / 120gb bandwidth and all that increases little by little every week. And if you go find a good promotion code, you can get $97 off the first year, which is good for me because I don't have a lot of money to spend.

12-15-2005, 03:59 AM
Sancho is offline Sancho
Software:

Sancho is on a distinguished road

Old

HostGator is really good, their support is awesome and they have pretty good plans.

12-15-2005, 05:36 AM
Landes is offline Landes
Expertise:
Software:

Landes is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Landes Send a message via MSN to Landes

Old

Originally Posted by chronic
I own www.brokenhosting.com but our database is messed up due to our billing system. We will be able to get it sorted out soon though. I wouldn't call us the best host though.

Plus, you are using a template..

12-15-2005, 01:54 PM
PierreB is offline PierreB
Expertise:
Software:

PierreB is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to PierreB Send a message via AIM to PierreB Send a message via MSN to PierreB Send a message via Yahoo to PierreB

Old

Originally Posted by jhmattern
I despise GoDaddy for hosting (not familiar with MediaTemple). I used them for my business at first. First of all, there wasn't the ability to host multiple domains, which I run several. Secondly, I wanted to use ConstantContact to manage my newsletters ( a pretty well-respected company ), which would go out not only to subscribers but to my site's writers (using the email addresses I also purchased from GoDaddy - before they were automatically included with domains). However, GoDaddy refused to allow my own email addresses for my writers to receive my own company's newsletter! They refused to whitelist them. I ultimately discovered, after arguing for days with GoDaddy's "support" people, that the ban had something to do with a competition issue between the companies. It was the most UNPROFESSIONAL bs I'd ever heard!!! Do NOT use this company for hosting. They think they have the right to control how you run your business. What a crock!

Anyway, I since switched to HostGator, and love them! For less than $10/month I get 5 GB space, more bandwidth than I could need (and that's with running media files and such as well), I can have unlimited email accounts, domains and sub-domains ... literally EVERY feature I could possibly want is available on my account. I have FULL control, no BS like GoDaddy tried to pull, the site's NEVER been down since switching, and on the rare occasion I've needed support (mostly because I simply didn't know how to do something), they've gotten back to me via email in no more than a few hours. They are definitely worth checking out.

Your reponse sounds like an ad. There are mixed reviews about hostgator. So you can expect problems from time to time, nothing is flawless. A host should provide under an hour reponse to their customers, not a few hours depending on the issue :P

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3