Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1694 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

Working Smarter

Thread title: Working Smarter
03-28-2010, 01:09 AM
dvduval is offline dvduval
Software:

dvduval is on a distinguished road

Old  Working Smarter

So often I see people spending time on repetitive tasks that keep yielding a similar result. I once heard "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result". I think too often people are insane in this way, and fail to see that by study and development they can develop their work style to be more effective. Any thoughts?

03-28-2010, 07:34 PM
pixelgod is offline pixelgod
Expertise:
Software:

pixelgod is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to pixelgod

Old

I think this is very true, and one excuse I often hear from people is that they don't have time to change what they are doing (failing to see the time savings in the long term). One thing my dad taught me was that in order an expert in something, you need to invest 10,000 hours into it. It is important not to confuse this with doing the same thing 10,000 times over.

03-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Trim is offline Trim
Software:

Trim is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Dunno if i get you right. You want to say that people doing same work/job all the time are going insane ?

If it's that i`m 100% agree, personaly I wouldn`t stand it. Maybe that`s why i like computer graphic so much, you can have same job but make different work. One day you are creating dark, horror poster and tomorrow you will be modeling Care Bear. I think that's what makes it so funny to do.

But it also depends on your character, some ppl just like come work 7a.m. leave 3p.m. go home home and follow scheulder - i`m not one of them. I can work 24 if i feel like that but some day i`m totaly off.

Luckly i`m not responsibile fully for myself so i can`t check everything out .