Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1423 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Web Hosting and Domain Names :

"Book" domains

Thread title: "Book" domains
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
01-11-2011, 10:23 PM
mac is offline mac
Software:

mac is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by noboss View Post
With the popularity of Facebook rapidly growing all over the world, I notice that many people take advantages of it by registering "face" and "book" domains, like facebox, faceboot, fastbook, fatbook, fesbook, etc. Do you think those kinds of domain really sell?
Of course those domain names would sell. Some sites catch attention by snapping all possible misspellings of a popular domain name. Another strategy is to create spoof sites that are easy to remember because they sound like a popular domain name.

01-12-2011, 04:09 PM
noboss is offline noboss
Software:

noboss is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Village Genius View Post
This will all be going to court in the next few years, as soon as they sue someone with enough money to fight all the way to the supreme court. My advice would be that unless you have enough money to supply a legal team for the greater part of this decade, don't mess with them.
Thanks, it's a good and reasonable advice. No matter how unfair what Facebook have done looks, I don't think it is wise to mess with the giant company. Just stay away from them.

01-12-2011, 05:31 PM
FreeStylencer is offline FreeStylencer
Software:

FreeStylencer is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by Village Genius View Post
This will all be going to court in the next few years, as soon as they sue someone with enough money to fight all the way to the supreme court. My advice would be that unless you have enough money to supply a legal team for the greater part of this decade, don't mess with them.
It sucks! How did we end up in this position as a society? I mean in a few years some bozo celebrity airhead may own the blond hair style.

03-08-2011, 08:23 AM
TylerDurden is offline TylerDurden
Software:

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road

Old

What exactly do you mean by "sell"? If you want to buy the domains, and them sell them for profit, i doubt somebody'll pay big money to get "justanotherfacebook.com"
If however you're interested in traffic, the domain name is a small part of what is necessary. I mean, look at Google

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2