Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 877 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Blogging and Community Building :

What are important steps when starting a forum?

Thread title: What are important steps when starting a forum?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
08-29-2008, 01:28 AM
vfistri1 is offline vfistri1
Software:

vfistri1 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to vfistri1

Old  What are important steps when starting a forum?

I own a few *watch something online* sites and they are all going well, but I don*t think of them as some kind of community sites like forum. So let*S just say i am really noobish in forum sites.
I want to start forum about something I like(the topic of forum doesn*t matter now, lets just say it is popular but there already are a few of that kind of forum) . I have been reading articles about starting a forum community for some time but I haven*t found anything useful except that the most important and hardest thing is to get let*s say about first 100 active members. I have like 10 friends who would start it together with me so that should make it easier. But except hiring some forum posters, and getting a nice skin I don*t know what else could i do to attract people. So can you please tell me or point me to some useful article what to do, what are the most important steps for setting up community?