Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1324 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Articles From The Experts :

Content is NOT King

Thread title: Content is NOT King
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
01-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Radu is offline Radu
Expertise:
Software:

Radu is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Radu

Old  Content is NOT King

Content is King. How many times have you heard that? Do you believe it? I used to. But then I stopped to think how ridiculous that statement really is. Content is not King. Something far more valuable is King.

Well, not really King. What you want is more democratic in nature. You want visitors. After all, if you have ten million fantastic articles of top-notch unbeatable quality but have no visitors, what do you have really?

Don’t get me wrong, as an AdSense publisher you want to be constantly creating quality content and adding it to your site. But you’re creating the content for the sake of the visitors, not the other way around.

Once you’ve created a quality article and posted it to your site, it’s time to market that article. Submit it to the major article directories (articlecity.com, ezinearticles.com and goarticles.com). Get links directly to the article from other sites. Find blogs on the topic and ask them to review your article on their blog. Make sure that article gets seen! Doing this will also help rank your article in the search engines.

It’s a lot more beneficial to go out and market an article (and earn more money because of it) than it is to continually write new content that nobody is seeing because you never market it. Plus it’s a great motivator when you see your best articles getting a lot of traffic and earning you money.

One great article can bring in hundreds or thousands of visitors, many of whom will browse your site looking for other great content. Be sure you take advantage of that by getting those visitors on an email list. Offer them some free gifts if they are willing to opt-in and be notified when you post new content. You want to keep those visitors coming back and earning you more money.

AdSense is considered by many a throw-away-traffic business: webmasters try to get a visitor to their page once in the hopes that they will click an ad, but they completely ignore the fact that if you give the visitor incentives to come back again you can earn money from two, three, five, twenty clicks or more from the same visitor over time!

No, content is not King. Your visitors are the only royalty. So make sure you get a lot of them, treat them right and give them plenty of reasons to stick around. Jonathan Leger is a well known AdSense, Marketing and SEO professional who posts regularly to his Google AdSense blog.

01-26-2007, 06:43 PM
jon is offline jon
Expertise:
Software:

jon is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to jon Send a message via MSN to jon

Old

Hi Radu,

Thanks for posting the article. We could do with more of these around here.

I don't entirely agree with what you're saying though.

if you have ten million fantastic articles of top-notch unbeatable quality but have no visitors
I'd be willing to bet that a site with a number of quality articles would get more traffic naturally that a website with 1 article that you've spent time marketing, submitting to search engines, directories etc. I guess it's all a case of finding a happy medium but in my experience if your content is truly good traffic will come naturally.

01-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Radu is offline Radu
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by jon
Hi Radu,

Thanks for posting the article. We could do with more of these around here.

I don't entirely agree with what you're saying though.

I'd be willing to bet that a site with a number of quality articles would get more traffic naturally that a website with 1 article that you've spent time marketing, submitting to search engines, directories etc. I guess it's all a case of finding a happy medium but in my experience if your content is truly good traffic will come naturally.
Well,

With all my respect, what you said is just a theory . As I mentioned, 2 - 3 quality articles might bring to your site alot of visitors then constant content update. I posted one article on my blog, comparing 2 best directory scripts, and I got 300 backlinks to this article? See, one article but a great influence. Right marketing.

The article in fact is dedicated to adsense. It says content is not king, but traffic is if you wanna earn from adsense.

01-26-2007, 07:05 PM
jon is offline jon
Expertise:
Software:

jon is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to jon Send a message via MSN to jon

Old

Out of interest, how much traffic did those 300 backlinks drive?

01-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Radu is offline Radu
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by jon
Out of interest, how much traffic did those 300 backlinks drive?
It brought me a thousand or more.

Because the same article was reposted in different blogs of the same niche

01-27-2007, 04:29 PM
seen.to is offline seen.to
Expertise:
Software:

seen.to is on a distinguished road

Old

Content IS king - without content you won't get visitors period.
Without quality content the visitors won't stay.
There's a big difference between getting a visitor to hit your site and leave again right away, and getting a visitor to read the entire piece before bookmarking, recommending, and coming back for more.

Without a quantity of quality pieces the visitor will, sooner or later, have no reason to return. You will also have narrowed the margin of potential first-time visitors.

01-30-2007, 03:34 PM
prasunsen is offline prasunsen
Software:

prasunsen is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to prasunsen

Old

Originally Posted by seen.to
There's a big difference between getting a visitor to hit your site and leave again right away, and getting a visitor to read the entire piece before bookmarking, recommending, and coming back for more.
Exactly. There is very little use of attracting traffic if your site has no value. Certainly you can get some of them click on some crappy banner, but this is not a business model

01-31-2007, 12:52 AM
astereo is offline astereo
Expertise: design,development, & WP
Software: Photoshop, Illustrator, WP

astereo is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to astereo Send a message via Skype™ to astereo

Old

If you're a serious site / business, just having visitors doesn't mean sh!t. You want relevant information that won't just attract visitors, but keep them there and coming back.

01-31-2007, 02:06 AM
oKiAo is offline oKiAo
Expertise:
Software:

oKiAo is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to oKiAo

Old

Originally Posted by seen.to View Post
Content IS king - without content you won't get visitors period.
Without quality content the visitors won't stay.

Without a quantity of quality pieces the visitor will, sooner or later, have no reason to return. You will also have narrowed the margin of potential first-time visitors.
Exactly. I agree with it too.

From the original post

So make sure you get a lot of them, treat them right and give them plenty of reasons to stick around.
A reason I would've stayed in one site is if it updates frequently with new information etc. I wouldn't coming back if the site only have one information.
I am a bit confused on why you say content isn't the king when you post seems to even support that the content is the king. I do agree that marketing is important, but if you don't have a quality article then the visitors wouldn't come back. I'd rather have a stable traffic then come-then-gone traffic.

It’s a lot more beneficial to go out and market an article (and earn more money because of it) than it is to continually write new content that nobody is seeing because you never market it. Plus it’s a great motivator when you see your best articles getting a lot of traffic and earning you money.
If you manage to write both new content and marketing at the same time. It will be more beneficial than just one article Just my personal opinions.

01-31-2007, 05:15 PM
Radu is offline Radu
Expertise:
Software:

Old

The article is dedicated to adsense.

In adsense marketing, traffic is king, and I have no doubt about it.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >