Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1548 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Quoting and Bookkeeping for Freelancers

Thread title: Quoting and Bookkeeping for Freelancers
Closed Thread    
02-13-2007, 07:38 PM
dmdesign is offline dmdesign
Software:

dmdesign is on a distinguished road

Old  Quoting and Bookkeeping for Freelancers

I'm looking for an example of a price breakdown/quote for a web site developer. something that explains all the services and details the client is getting and how much it will cost.

Note:
I am not looking for a template for invoices. Although this would be helpful, I am looking for the actual content (the explanation of the costs) rather than the template or invoicing system itself.

02-13-2007, 07:47 PM
Tom is offline Tom
Expertise:
Software:

Tom is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Tom

Old

If you use paypal you can create invoices on there by going request money>> (underneath)create invoice

02-13-2007, 08:00 PM
dmdesign is offline dmdesign
Software:

dmdesign is on a distinguished road

Old

Again...
I'm not looking for software or a template for writing out prices.

What im looking for are the actual services listed and price breakdown that the "EXAMPLE" (not template) shows.

02-14-2007, 05:04 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Well all you have to do is write down all of the elements of the project you have done, put in your times for completion, your hourly rate for each element, add it all up...done!

Explain everything how you want to, it's entirely up to you as to how much detail you use.

If you want anything more advice maybe you have to explain yourself more clearly.

Moved this topic to the correct forum as well.

02-14-2007, 11:54 AM
domokun is offline domokun
Software:

domokun is on a distinguished road

Old

Arrh, I think what you are looking for is an actual invoice from a professional webdesigner .. correct?

Good luck finding that! The invoice is unique for the client and the services provided.

If I were you Id simply pick an hourly rate and use that - much easier for all concerned.

You can then say I did:
A @ B per hour = C
D @ B per hour = E
F @ X per hour = G

02-14-2007, 02:34 PM
chaka42 is offline chaka42
Expertise:
Software:

chaka42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to chaka42 Send a message via MSN to chaka42 Send a message via Skype™ to chaka42

Old

You need to do a few things when creating a breakdown of services and the cost associated to them.

First, you need to create an outline of the services, i.e. layout design, shell/skeleton design, beta, testing and implementation, and so on. Once you have that, you can eleborate on individual sections in relation to what you do specifically.

Second, determine the cost associate for individual sections, i.e. hourly or flat rate. I actually charge hourly, so I estimate the amount of time per section and determine the total cost per.

It's important to overestimate a little bit for delays. But, keep track of your time. If you spend less time on a project than the estimate, your client will not only appreciate the honesty, they will more likely be apt to return to you for future work.

Hope this helps.

Closed Thread