Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 724 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     Development Software and Tools :

Advice for client login area?

Thread title: Advice for client login area?
Closed Thread    
10-25-2007, 12:56 AM
awarner20 is offline awarner20
Software:

awarner20 is on a distinguished road

Old  Advice for client login area?

Hello everyone,

I'm new to these forums and it looks like a great place. I have been developing websites for awhile now, but have just finished setting up a site to advertise my services beyond family members and friends I primarily use Wordpress for development, and I'm mulling over the best way to create a client login area so I can show current clients their websites as they're being developed.

I will be creating websites in a sub-directory of my design site and then moving everything to the clients host afterward, so I could just send the client a link like http://mywebsite.com/clientswebsite , but what I'd really like to do is create a "client login" area on my main page and then when the client logs in with whatever username and password I specify, they will be taken to the sub-directory where their website exists.

My question to all of you who are more experienced is this: What would be the best way to accomplish this? Or more precisely, are there any suggestions on how I may accomplish this?

Any advice is greatly appreciated for steering me in the right direction.

Adam

10-25-2007, 01:06 AM
BrokenFaith is offline BrokenFaith
Expertise:
Software:

BrokenFaith is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to BrokenFaith Send a message via MSN to BrokenFaith

Old

If all you are wanting is a log in screen that redirects to a certain page, search www.hotscripts.com (PHP)

Im almost positive there has to be a login script that you can specify a URL for the user to go to directly after login.

10-25-2007, 01:33 AM
Software:

Old

Thanks for the reply, I will search there. I'd like to specify though that the login should redirect to a sub-directory and that redirect needs to be based on the users name.

I'll do some more focused searching tomorrow, thanks again for your reply

Adam

10-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Software:

Old

Hi BrokenFaith,

Having taken your advice on searching hotscripts.com, I found an excellent script there that does everything I needed and more. It's called Login-Redirect v1.31 and cam be found here http://www.mpdolan.com/login_redirect.htm

Once installed, I simply login as admin and create whatever user (client) I need to, assign a username and password, tell the script where to redirect them at login (http://mywebsite.com/clientswebsite), and it send the user (client) an email complete with a link for them to sign in. All that's left now is to tweak these pages to match my design...

Wow! I would highly recommend making a donation to this guy on his site, a great and useful script! I will be donating soon!

10-29-2007, 03:47 PM
jmcallister is offline jmcallister
Software:

jmcallister is on a distinguished road

Old

I second the vote for hotscripts.com. You will be able to find tons of php scripts free there.

10-29-2007, 04:44 PM
t0m is offline t0m
Expertise:
Software:

t0m is on a distinguished road

Old

Did you implement this into your wordpress design?

If I could have a look that would be great! - Im trying a similar thing.

Originally Posted by awarner20 View Post
Hi BrokenFaith,

Having taken your advice on searching hotscripts.com, I found an excellent script there that does everything I needed and more. It's called Login-Redirect v1.31 and cam be found here http://www.mpdolan.com/login_redirect.htm

Once installed, I simply login as admin and create whatever user (client) I need to, assign a username and password, tell the script where to redirect them at login (http://mywebsite.com/clientswebsite), and it send the user (client) an email complete with a link for them to sign in. All that's left now is to tweak these pages to match my design...

Wow! I would highly recommend making a donation to this guy on his site, a great and useful script! I will be donating soon!

Closed Thread