Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1606 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     Development Software and Tools :

MeeboMe - Chat with viewers of your site/blog

Thread title: MeeboMe - Chat with viewers of your site/blog
Closed Thread    
08-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Dave.C is offline Dave.C
Software:

Dave.C is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Dave.C Send a message via MSN to Dave.C

Old  MeeboMe - Chat with viewers of your site/blog

I have been using meebo.com for my im for the last few months. They are offering an awesome web based im service that allows you to add contacts from all the big im names (AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, etc.) and you dont even have to download any software. All you have to do is make an account with their site and they save all your login details for you. The service is awesome and I recommend it to anyone.

Anyway, the reason I am telling you all about this now is because they have just released the "Meebo Me" flash widget that enables 2 way chat between the viewers of your site or blog and yourself. Its not just another chatbox or whatever that lets your users communicate with each other, the messages are actually sent right to you.

Every viewer of your site is added to a section of your buddy list in meebo while they are viewing your site. They can then initiate a conversation with you that gets sent right to your instant messanging account at meebo. Whats more, is that YOU can even initiate a conversation with any random user viewing your site.

This is definitely a very cool little widget for bloggers who want to be even more connected to their readers or anyone else who wants to add it to their site.

I recommend using meebo for all your im needs as well as using this cool new widget.

More details: http://www.techcrunch.com/2006/08/02...nches-meebome/

P.S. I set up a little test widget on a random myspace i have. If you want to test it out and send me a message heres the link: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=93163735

08-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Dave.C is offline Dave.C
Software:

Dave.C is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Dave.C Send a message via MSN to Dave.C

Old

Hey guys, sorry I was away for a few hours. Send me more messages!

Meh, logging out again.

Closed Thread