Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1346 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

Freelance Auction site design

Thread title: Freelance Auction site design
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
03-05-2007, 11:57 PM
Drew is offline Drew
Software:

Drew is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Drew

Old

Stop whining about the criticism. This is what happens when you post in the a part of the forum specifically for getting reviews.

Originally Posted by Showcase Descripition
Post your latest creations in here for review by the community.
You are simply getting reviews.

03-06-2007, 12:03 AM
resolva is offline resolva
Software:

resolva is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to resolva

Old

Sebastin don't worry about the folk here who think they are all "it"

They have as much right to use the word fresco as you do. JamesH using "Good brand name" for blogfresco is funny because its barely well branded. Its minimal, no one knows about it.

Sebastin keep up the good work, and I strongly believe people should give him encouragement not keep putting him down!

03-06-2007, 12:32 AM
Bryan Le is offline Bryan Le
Expertise:
Software:

Bryan Le is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Bryan Le Send a message via MSN to Bryan Le

Old

Good looking site. Good luck. I'm over the fact about the fresco domains, but it is very different from the rebuttal of "im going to yell at everyone who uses job in their domain". It's just frustrating because someone who comes up with an original trademark can't protect it - and leaves it up to anyone with no ounce of imagination or creativity to just eat it up.

It isn't about who owns the word fresco - it's about being original. But almost as original as Coupon Sack when Coupon Source was around.

03-06-2007, 12:34 AM
JamesH is offline JamesH
Expertise:
Software:

JamesH is on a distinguished road

Old

Just because it isn't known doesn't mean it isn't a brand name. And sure, support this type of inspiration. I mean heck, we're all fine and dandy with over inspired designs, lets start by coping each others domain names.

I won't support something I don't believe in. Why should we all be supportive? Its crucial to be negative in order to develop a better product. Always supporting people is stupid.

Its like always telling your child they're doing a good job; no matter what. It gives them a false sense of pride, and security. Then when someone comes along and tells them the truth, they don't know how to handle it.

And what makes you think we are trying to be "it". I gave him my opinion, and if that makes me part of the "it" crowd then so be it. But last time I checked, expressing your own opinion wasn't part of the "it" crowd; they usually line up and jump off a bridge one by one (monkey see monkey do).

03-06-2007, 12:44 AM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

This forum is for reviews, if you arent prepared to handle bad reviews, dont post. If you want the topic closed, pm me.

IMO the domain name isnt original, but that doesnt mean it isnt good, I like the domain name. The design is nice and simple, its a freelance job site, not an effects site.

03-06-2007, 01:30 AM
BUrgy is offline BUrgy
Expertise:
Software:

BUrgy is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to BUrgy Send a message via MSN to BUrgy

Old

Pretty nice, I like it.

03-06-2007, 01:43 AM
Jamie is offline Jamie
Software:

Jamie is on a distinguished road

Old

Not to be mean or anything but a couple of the first handful of reviews / replies on this seemed extremely rude towards "Sebastin" you guys threw all of the complaints at him and didn't even bother to help him out to fix some of the problems or even give constructive criticism and then and then other members telling him to "stop whining" and that he shouldn't have posted it if he didn't want bad reviews. He should have every right to get mad when the members he are going to treat him that that little of respect.

We all started somewhere.

03-06-2007, 01:44 AM
Netspiel is offline Netspiel
Software:

Netspiel is on a distinguished road

Old

so should we not use talkfreelance? Really creative name boys Lets try not to be hipocrites.

03-06-2007, 02:04 AM
JamesH is offline JamesH
Expertise:
Software:

JamesH is on a distinguished road

Old

Netspiel, its like this. I'm going to go out and register 21upe.com and build a site around that. I know I would be mad if I worked hard to build up the brand 20upe and then some kid came around and 'stole' my idea.

03-06-2007, 02:50 AM
Jamie is offline Jamie
Software:

Jamie is on a distinguished road

Old

JamesH: it's not really like that at all. Because for one the name fresco, it's actually a word.

http://www.google.com/search?q=defin...ient=firefox-a

Second bryan le hasn't publicly done much to develop any of his fresco domain names / websites.

And third i don't see how anyone stole anyones idea. The sites are completely different.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >