Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 987 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

Freelance Auction site design

Thread title: Freelance Auction site design
Closed Thread  
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
03-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Bryan Le is offline Bryan Le
Expertise:
Software:

Bryan Le is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Bryan Le Send a message via MSN to Bryan Le

Old

This is just a thought for those who are saying the word Fresco is the same as using any other word...

Firstly, Job isn't "brandable". Fresco is. Fresco is the adjective. I'll give anyone here a dollar if they can truthfully tell me they were going to use Fresco with out ever hearing of the SoFresco network before hand. I'll give you another dollar if you even heard of the word fresco in your life (unless you are spanish or italian), and wanted to apply it to the internet. Fresco was unique. There wasn't anything else using it like I was.

It's different if you use the word "job" because the root word used to make the site isn't brandable. The word fresco is what gives the root word meaning. It is the adjective, the descriptive nature that makes it even remotely brandable.

Inspiration, and over-inspiration, is unfortunately apart of this industry. I've accepted that. But come on - you can't hide the fact where you got the name Fresco from.

So my arguement here is - you can use whatever word, but it's the description that makes it important, and the word Fresco is what everyone is getting mad about. Heck, I have 8 different Fresco domains - and the only brandable thing about them is Fresco (blogfresco - the word blog isn't the brandable part). Fresco is what grants my network any sort of originality and creativity.

Everyone here is completely missing the point. It isn't about whether or not he can use the word Fresco - because, coming from me, I don't really care if he uses it or not. Especially since everyone knows where the original idea came from.

The point that everyone is trying to make here is that in this industry, any ounce of creativity and uniqueness will set you apart from your competitor. It isn't fair that someone comes along and takes what you've made to set yourself apart, only to use it for themselves.

But hey - that's a part of life, and I guess we all have to live with it.

03-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Sam Granger is offline Sam Granger
Expertise:
Software:

Sam Granger is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Sam Granger

Old

Originally Posted by Bryan Le View Post
This is just a thought for those who are saying the word Fresco is the same as using any other word...

Firstly, Job isn't "brandable". Fresco is. Fresco is the adjective. I'll give anyone here a dollar if they can truthfully tell me they were going to use Fresco with out ever hearing of the SoFresco network before hand. I'll give you another dollar if you even heard of the word fresco in your life (unless you are spanish or italian), and wanted to apply it to the internet. Fresco was unique. There wasn't anything else using it like I was.

It's different if you use the word "job" because the root word used to make the site isn't brandable. The word fresco is what gives the root word meaning. It is the adjective, the descriptive nature that makes it even remotely brandable.

Inspiration, and over-inspiration, is unfortunately apart of this industry. I've accepted that. But come on - you can't hide the fact where you got the name Fresco from.

So my arguement here is - you can use whatever word, but it's the description that makes it important, and the word Fresco is what everyone is getting mad about. Heck, I have 8 different Fresco domains - and the only brandable thing about them is Fresco (blogfresco - the word blog isn't the brandable part). Fresco is what grants my network any sort of originality and creativity.

Everyone here is completely missing the point. It isn't about whether or not he can use the word Fresco - because, coming from me, I don't really care if he uses it or not. Especially since everyone knows where the original idea came from.

The point that everyone is trying to make here is that in this industry, any ounce of creativity and uniqueness will set you apart from your competitor. It isn't fair that someone comes along and takes what you've made to set yourself apart, only to use it for themselves.

I'm very familiar with the word fresco and actually almost regged a domain with fresco in it after going past an icecream shop called fresco.

03-06-2007, 07:34 PM
-NEO- is offline -NEO-
Expertise:
Software:

-NEO- is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to -NEO-

Old

i heard of the word before, and i'm not italian of spanish, it's a painting technique. so i don't see why anybody who is related to design couldn't use the word in their domain name or brand name.

but i get what you mean.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresco

03-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Steven Fergus is offline Steven Fergus
Software:

Steven Fergus is on a distinguished road

Old

Guys, remember what this thread is all about. All Sebastin wanted was some constructive criticism on his website Design, and maybe the idea.

I'm sure he certainly didn't want people arguing over if he is "aloud" or "supposed" to use the domain name or not.

Brian maybe the first person you heard of using the word Frisco in a domain name, or in website terms, but i'm sure someone somewhere probably thought of using it.

Lets forget it and get back to Sebastian's actual desig.

Sebastian, i think it looks good. I think you need to change the colour of text in the logo though, it doesn't fit in very well - try changing the blue to green.

The little 'globes' could be better quality, they are choppy arround the edjes. Appart form that it looks great.

03-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Drew is offline Drew
Software:

Drew is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Drew

Old

Originally Posted by Bryan Le
I'll give you another dollar if you even heard of the word fresco in your life (unless you are spanish or italian)
I actually saw it on my tray about a month ago at Taco Bell, apparently it is part of their new marketing scheme.

http://www.tacobell.com/ Click on "Our Food" > "Fresco Style"

I wonder if they got the idea from Bryan.

03-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Bryan Le is offline Bryan Le
Expertise:
Software:

Bryan Le is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Bryan Le Send a message via MSN to Bryan Le

Old

That's it! I'm suing Taco Bell!

03-07-2007, 01:06 AM
Fraggz is offline Fraggz
Expertise:
Software:

Fraggz is on a distinguished road

Old

That's it! I'm suing Taco Bell!
Thats a surefire suit, you'll win hands down. =)

I like the simplicity, i think thats the proper style for this type of site.

03-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Alan82 is offline Alan82
Expertise:
Software:

Alan82 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Alan82 Send a message via Skype™ to Alan82

Old

Do you maybe need translation in some other languages???
Ask me if so!

03-22-2009, 12:57 AM
Barbaro is offline Barbaro
Expertise:
Software:

Barbaro is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Alan82 View Post
Do you maybe need translation in some other languages???
Ask me if so!
Do you need a time machine? Ask me if you do.

Closed Thread  
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4