Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1715 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography :

PC vs MAC photoshop error.

Thread title: PC vs MAC photoshop error.
12-20-2009, 03:58 PM
hjalmar is offline hjalmar
Expertise:
Software:

hjalmar is an unknown quantity at this point

Old  PC vs MAC photoshop error.

Really strange problem. "Could not complete your request because of a program error".

I've created a new document dragging all layers resaving it. Removed any swedish characters i had so it's pure english with standard fonts. I even created a document on my mac and then open it on my pc and dragged all layers and tried to save it.

Resaved the psd like 20 times but i really don't know what else to do as it works fine on the pc. color profiles are equal and same as i always use, tried starting photoshop with resetted settings but no luck either, it will only work on pc.

So anyone had similar issues? text-layers, ordinairy layers, shapes, layer masks and layersets is the only thing used.

And it's only that single psd. I think there must be something in the file because of that but what? could it be some line in the file that triggers the error? but i thought that would be solved by creating a new document and just copy over all layers.... uhm just rambling because i'm completly lost.

Thanks

12-20-2009, 06:10 PM
santa is offline santa
Expertise: Design, HTML
Software: Espresso, Photoshop, Mail.app

santa is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to santa Send a message via AIM to santa Send a message via MSN to santa Send a message via Yahoo to santa Send a message via Skype™ to santa

Old

It's to do with your Mac's preferences file for Photoshop becoming corrupted.

"This could be happening as a result of a corrupt Photoshop CS preference file. If you are using OS X Tiger 10.4 on an Intel Mac then you could try holding down the Apple + Option + Shift keys as you start up Photoshop. This will provide a message which will allow you to delete the Photoshop settings file and may solve the problem."

12-20-2009, 06:47 PM
hjalmar is offline hjalmar
Expertise:
Software:

hjalmar is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by santa View Post
It's to do with your Mac's preferences file for Photoshop becoming corrupted.

"This could be happening as a result of a corrupt Photoshop CS preference file. If you are using OS X Tiger 10.4 on an Intel Mac then you could try holding down the Apple + Option + Shift keys as you start up Photoshop. This will provide a message which will allow you to delete the Photoshop settings file and may solve the problem."
Jupp that was what i ment with starting photoshop with resetted settings.. but this occurs not only on my mac -> photoshop install. So uhm yeah or did i completly miss understod the quoted text?

So it must be an issue on the PC, then i guess i have to reset the settings on the pc and resave the file? Since it's working just fine there.