Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 518 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Looking For / Wanting to Sell Products     Websites :

FreelanceBuddy.com - Completely Custom Freelance Auction Website!

Thread title: FreelanceBuddy.com - Completely Custom Freelance Auction Website!
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
04-03-2006, 01:10 PM
Stan is offline Stan
Software:

Stan is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Stan

Old

the sites makes no money, don't get me wrong, I LOVE this site. I wanted to buy it last time it was for sale too, but without revenue it is VERY hard to justify 1k+ in a freelancing community, it doesn't guarantee the buyer a ROI.

My other concern is the amount of actual listings on the site. At any given time I haven't seen more than a combined total of 20 listings. (there was like 16 at one point in templates or something). The design and coding aren't custom for the buyer, it is buying someone elses idea, so I wish you the best of luck.

04-03-2006, 01:15 PM
TheGrandBerry is offline TheGrandBerry
Expertise:
Software:

TheGrandBerry is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to TheGrandBerry Send a message via MSN to TheGrandBerry

Old

Originally Posted by ohitsthatkidstan
the sites makes no money, don't get me wrong, I LOVE this site. I wanted to buy it last time it was for sale too, but without revenue it is VERY hard to justify 1k+ in a freelancing community, it doesn't guarantee the buyer a ROI.

My other concern is the amount of actual listings on the site. At any given time I haven't seen more than a combined total of 20 listings. (there was like 16 at one point in templates or something). The design and coding aren't custom for the buyer, it is buying someone elses idea, so I wish you the best of luck.
Yes, the design and coding IS custom for the buyer. Just because this idea was based off another site, doesn't mean that it itself if not unique. SitePoint was around before TalkFreelance, does that mean that the design of TalkFreelance is not unique?

In regards to the revenue, this is one of those sites that is sold with potential being a major factor. I see the potential for this website to be very large indeed, and I would love to own such a site. There are so many possibilities with this website, you could easily see a nice ROI within a few months dedicated work.

Just my $0.02

Regards.

04-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Stan is offline Stan
Software:

Stan is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Stan

Old

I didn't mean it wasn't unique, but the design isn't specifically designed for the buyer, hence its not a customly made site for whoever buys it. And I agree it has a lot of potential, but a lot of people want a guaranteed ROI to justify something of 1k or more.

04-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Frimon86 is offline Frimon86
Software:

Frimon86 is on a distinguished road

Old

I disagree, however keep in mind. We are all entitled to our own opinion I just disagree, let me explain.

Your over pricing your deal and to be honest ohitsthatkidstan is pretty much right. I can purchase a web hosting company on WHT for around $1,000-$1,200 with around 15 to 20 monthly paying customers for that price seriously and your asking for something that has very little hits, very little users, no revenue for 1K your crazy. I can create something like that for $150 and under belive me.

My post is not here to defend you or anger you, just simple my opinion. Best of luck with your sale though, and that buyer.

04-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Edder is offline Edder
Expertise:
Software:

Edder is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Frimon86
I disagree, however keep in mind. We are all entitled to our own opinion I just disagree, let me explain.
Your opinions are not welcome in my sales thread or in any future ones.
My post is not here to defend you or anger you, just simple my opinion.
Please see above.
I can create something like that for $150 and under belive me.
And I encourage you to try and build something better than freelance buddy with $150, as I believe you will not get far or even close.
I can purchase a web hosting company on WHT for around $1,000-$1,200 with around 15 to 20 monthly paying customers for that price seriously and your asking for something that has very little hits, very little users, no revenue for 1K your crazy.
You call me "crazy" but please, you overexaggerate my friend when you make such an absurd claim. A smart seller sells for profit. Thanks.

04-03-2006, 07:44 PM
CreativeLogic is offline CreativeLogic
Software:

CreativeLogic is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to CreativeLogic

Old

This code alone is worth his asking price. I am the one who coded this site from the top to the bottom.

I personally don't do projects this large for this cheap. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm the best programmer here by any means, but I am one of the more advanced and my time alone is worth double the asking price if I were approached to develop such a site.

You just can't get a custom site such as this for any cheaper if you want quality. I was not approached to develop this and did it at my own will in plans of actually getting it to take off but I'm by no means any good at marketing so I gave up. It was sold cheaper than I usually do custom jobs because of that.

Like it was mentioned in the other thread, it is well worth his asking price.

Just because you can't afford it and want him to knock down the price does not mean you should trash his thread. It's his site and it's his price to set.

-EDIT-
Let me also mention that if marketed correctly you could easily get a revenue in less than 6 months to pay itself off. Once you get a dedicated userbase all you have to do is add ads, and then move to charging / listing and from there on out, you're making money. Don't get me wrong, you do need to invest time in this project to make money which both Edder and myself did not have time to spare todo so.

04-03-2006, 09:44 PM
mdempsey is offline mdempsey
Software:

mdempsey is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to mdempsey Send a message via MSN to mdempsey

Old

Great site and good luck with the sale mate. I also agree with both your opinions about the price, I believe your site has great potential also, (as does mine :P) and I am also considering selling just based on the fact that I have not the skill or time to make it a profitable site. I completely agree you have to look at this sales thread and the price from a point of view of potential, and that anyone talented in this area of business, taking a site and making it a success, could reap great rewards if he recognised this type of site's potential.

Just my $0.02 - rather more polite than you may have expected .

04-04-2006, 07:19 AM
.Cyanide is offline .Cyanide
Expertise: Web Design, Coding
Software: Phoshop CS3

.Cyanide is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to .Cyanide

Old

phuckin awesome template man!

04-05-2006, 01:47 AM
rosem is offline rosem
Expertise:
Software:

rosem is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to rosem

Old

isn't this just a bought script with a template over it? or is the backend custom coded?

04-05-2006, 02:26 AM
Bryan Le is offline Bryan Le
Expertise:
Software:

Bryan Le is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Bryan Le Send a message via MSN to Bryan Le

Old

Read the posts rosem, you'll see that it is 110% custom.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >