Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1468 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Staff Resignations

Thread title: Staff Resignations
02-27-2010, 11:42 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old  Staff Resignations

Hi folks,

This post is being written on the behalf of Salathe, Village Genius and Garyrae who have made the difficult decision to step down from their staff positions here at TalkFreelance. As of you reading this message, they are no longer responsible for fulfilling any staff duties here.

The reasons for doing so are personal to each and I can only really speak for myself if any explanation is required. I've been a member here for a very long time, right back to when Anthony Bullock was first building the site, back in 2004. Throughout that time, I've seen the community grow from very small to huge and flourishing, with later cycles of quiet periods and activity every year or two. It has been an honour to have had the ability to play my part in the daily running of the site over the latter part of those years. Reasons for finally coming to the decision are many and varied, and to be honest are not important, so will be glossed over in this post.

The timing might seem particularly odd, or perfect, depending on your viewpoint. The site is in the process of being sold (I repeat, the site is in the process of being sold) which makes, for me at least, a convenient point to step down. We all wish the new owner the very, very best for whatever they choose to do with the site and we, the staff stepping down, have offered to consult with the new owner should they wish our input.

It has been a huge pleasure (and a thankless, headache inducing task at times) to be admin here and for that I thank the entire community, past and present.

That's all from me, Salathe signing out.

02-28-2010, 01:36 AM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

This resignation has been something which I have been contemplating for some time now. When I joined staff I did not intend on doing this for long, I was helping bridge a gap between where we were and when solid leadership would come. This gap is very close to bridged and I feel that I have done a good job in helping things stay afloat. I would have hoped to do this when the new owner came, but things just didn't work that fast. The reason for this resignation date is that Monday will start a very busy eight weeks for me. I simply will not have time to complete any duties here.

The sale should be completed in a few days, while I do not know who the new owner will be, I am quite sure he will take TF forward so this site can be great once again. I wish nothing but the best for TalkFreelance.

Finally, I would like to thank Salathe for sticking around. I could not have run things as well as you have should you have left before me. I have enjoyed working with you though the ups and downs of being staff here.

02-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Jeff Andersen is offline Jeff Andersen
Software:

Jeff Andersen is on a distinguished road

Old

lol, who's left?

02-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Shame. This place is proper in the shitter now.

02-28-2010, 03:19 PM

Old

Jeff: http://www.talkfreelance.com/showgroups.php

Dan: With the new ownership coming soon, I don't think it is appropriate to write the place off just yet. Who knows what they'll be able to do to the place: it might be awesome, it might fail miserably, we just don't know.

02-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Aaron Moody is offline Aaron Moody
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

Aaron Moody is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Aaron Moody

Old

Sorry to see you guys go, Salathe you have done an amazing job with running the forums. I wish you - and all other staff success for the future

03-01-2010, 07:16 AM
NoahAndrew is offline NoahAndrew
Expertise:
Software:

NoahAndrew is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to NoahAndrew

Old

I can only hope this provides improvement. Thanks for doing your part while it lasted! Definitely hope you all will stick around.

03-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
Dan: With the new ownership coming soon, I don't think it is appropriate to write the place off just yet. Who knows what they'll be able to do to the place: it might be awesome, it might fail miserably, we just don't know.
I'm not writing anything off. The potential will always exist but currently the "failing miserably" category has a foot hold over us.

On a brighter note; any news on the new owner?

03-01-2010, 11:27 PM

Old

No new news, I guess you'll hear it from Big Zee or willb first at the same time as I found out.