Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2019 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     Development Software and Tools :

Analysis for Library System - Help Needed

Thread title: Analysis for Library System - Help Needed

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
12-06-2005, 12:24 AM
ULTiMATE is offline ULTiMATE
Expertise:
Software:

ULTiMATE is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to ULTiMATE Send a message via AIM to ULTiMATE Send a message via MSN to ULTiMATE

Old  Analysis for Library System - Help Needed

I've been assigned to carry out a Systems Investigation on a bookkeeping/library system at my local library. This would seem like a fairly easy task to do, but I'm absolutely stumped on what I can ask the senior librarian when I interview her. Call it writers block if you wish, but I'm clueless on what to ask about what kind of systems (computerised and manual-categorical systems) they'd use there (which I guess could be a question in itself). The whole point at the moment is to gain an understanding on how it works so I can turn it into a Requirements Specification. I don't have long to do this in (about a day to get it done nicely on the deadline), so any help with coming up with a few simple questions would be very much appreciated.

Also since it's a good idea to observe the system and how it's run at the moment myself, any ideas on what to look for would be excellent.

Thanks in advance.