Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 986 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Made a design for a client - never paid - what should I do?

Thread title: Made a design for a client - never paid - what should I do?
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
05-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

To be honest, if he's able to scam you it's only because you didn't ensure your bases were completely covered. You've been given advice here on what not to do, like not giving your SSN number.. Yet you still did that apparently.

You may "wipe" the mud now, but it doesn't prevent him from being someone else the next day. Just take this as a lesson, and make sure you put together contracts, policies, and other legalities together before you do business with anyone again.

05-26-2008, 07:04 PM
thedol is offline thedol
Software:

thedol is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to thedol Send a message via MSN to thedol

Old

I agree Jordan and will do that in the future, but me and a few fellow freelancers will not let this one get away.

We protect our own.

05-26-2008, 07:55 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

I don't think you get it, spreading dirt over the internet wont stop fake transactions where it looks like your business did them. I assume you mean your business tax ID number. Reason I assume he will use it like an identity thief is because you don't need that number for tax claims.

You have already placed your identity on the line, I would highly advise staying away from them completely and totally. You've already made a mess of this, don't fool yourself into thinking you have any power online; you don't even know who this guy is.

05-26-2008, 07:59 PM
thedol is offline thedol
Software:

Old

Don't worry Village Idiot - there is something you don't know that I havn't posted here yet.

I know where I stand and I have help from some fellow freelancers, from this forum who are volunteering in this case.

05-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Never heard that one before.... I would be interested if you could PM me this information.

Again, there is almost certainly nothing you can do, especially over the internet.

05-26-2008, 08:04 PM
thedol is offline thedol
Software:

Old

Like I said Village, don't worry I have it covered. I'll PM you with what I have that you are failing to see

05-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Vizon is offline Vizon - Click for my Image
Expertise:
Software:

Vizon is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Well looks like thedol is a big designer. He's done work for DietCoke, Chanel, & Disney. I don't think he is used to the scammy part of freelancing we have experienced.

05-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Garrett is offline Garrett
Software:

Garrett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garrett

Old

Originally Posted by Vizon View Post
Well looks like thedol is a big designer. He's done work for DietCoke, Chanel, & Disney. I don't think he is used to the scammy part of freelancing we have experienced.
Where do you see that?

05-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Andrew R is offline Andrew R
Expertise:
Software:

Andrew R is on a distinguished road

Old

Garrett: His portfolio. Not sure if he minds us sharing the link, so I'll keep it to myself.

05-26-2008, 10:30 PM
j.thomas is offline j.thomas
Software:

j.thomas is on a distinguished road

Old

Hello!

I am actually the president, and have been for over five years, of the company. My legal team and I thought it would be best that I respond publicly, since our name has already been tarnished - in an unfortunate and misrepresented matter - throughout this thread.

Joe, the head of our outsourcing department, was in contact with Umar for a certain project. Joe had seen Umar's work - which, on a side note, is extraordinary in itself - and felt it be best that we have him on board with this project. Joe received the mockups in a timely fashion, but then Umar started contacting me, since Joe was out of town, and couldn't respond for just 24 hours. Though I normally don't deal with our freelancers personally, I had no problem doing so with Umar. In fact, I enjoyed talking to him. He's insightful and inspiring.

The thing that scares me the most (and is downright unacceptable, to say the least) is the personal threats, slander, and deformation that I and my company have received. The phone calls, the letters, the e-mail. Never before had I ever witnessed first hand such "horror." It's sickening, in way. No: in every way. There's no room whatsoever for it, and it's completely uncalled for. It's also punishable by law, mind you.

That's why and when I had my legal team takeover, to which Mr. Salmon wasn't too pleased. Why? With such threats, isn't this the only right thing to do? What would you have done differently?

We are an established company with a wonderful track record - to say otherwise would be nothing but offensive. Further, of our 20MM billings, we underwrite nearly 50% to domestic non-profit organizations. Thus, to say that we're out "scamming" people is downright slander: nothing less. Mr. Salmon "assumed" he would never be paid as he never provided us the necessary information in order for us to do so - how could we? Instead of talking to me, or any one of my billing staff, he chose to come on said forum and talk off about his "misfortunes" and how he was going to "throw us in the mud." I have continually said that should he provide me with the necessary information, we'll get him paid for. It's as simple as that. I absolutely love how some of you are suggesting how I run this business.

Granted, it would have been easier to have provided prepay, to which Joe is partly to blame, though Joe was never requested to do so. Further, a simple contract would have solved this.

In conclusion, we're both at "fault." I would have preferred for this to have been handled differently, though I'll take the cards I was dealt.

Oh, yeah, here's the obituary of my close friend - you'll note that I'm listed in there as well, for those of you who cared to slander that, as well. Even more, MM is a pretty standard abbreviation for million. As you did not know, it comes from Latin "mille" meaning "thousand," so MM is a "thousand thousands" which - without doubt - equals one million. "MM" is widely used in the financial industry, though it all depends on who you ask.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >