Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1357 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Warning to others

Thread title: Warning to others

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07-15-2006, 12:06 AM
Mark Bolyard is offline Mark Bolyard
Expertise:
Software:

Mark Bolyard is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Mark Bolyard

Old  Warning to others

This is not a good subject for me unfortunately. I recently purchased a forum, TalkvB from Matt Price. My site, was a PR6 is now a PR3. But that's to be expected since the site in question was sold to me by Matt Price / AKA Artico, TalkvB (here on TF) and lord knows what other aliases.

He had a domain redirected to TalkvB inflating the PR and the traffic, then immediately redirected it after the sale when I knew he had done this, and was to keep the domain directed to TalkvB for a year. I am relatively new to TalkFreelance, and now I have seen in the past what kind of person Matt is. He doesn't respond to IM's, emails, nothing. I managed to reach him once after the sale regarding this, and he said he was changing the nameservers back (BTW, my traffic dropped from 8000 uniqs a month, to about 2000 uniqs.)

I gennerally do my homework before purchasing a website, and for some reason, something slipped by this time and I ended making a bad decision.

If you (Matt) happen to come across this, and correct what should have been taken care of a while ago, then I will publicly appologize and call it a misunderstanding. None the less, TalkvB will go on and become the community I wanted it to be.

My appologies for posting my problems for all to see, but it's pretty disturbing when this happens, and I hope no one will be involved in a transaction like this with Matt, or others who decide to do the same thing / use the same tactics.

Mark