Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1656 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Web Hosting and Domain Names :

Anyone with tubehost?

Thread title: Anyone with tubehost?
Closed Thread    
07-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Michael C is offline Michael C
Expertise:
Software:

Michael C is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Michael C

Old  Anyone with tubehost?

Just wondering if anyone here is with tubehost.us? I didn't actually mean to be with them but they bought over the xzorbix client base and I didnt change. Anyways the hosting has been down for like 2 weeks and all my means of contact are being ignored.

Wondering if anyone else experienced similar problems. Oh and I lost my backups because my laptop needed reformatted so I basically just like 3 years worth of internet work if the host just disappears

07-18-2008, 03:47 AM
MikeDVB is offline MikeDVB
Expertise:
Software:

MikeDVB is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to MikeDVB Send a message via MSN to MikeDVB Send a message via Yahoo to MikeDVB

Old

Originally Posted by mikka23 View Post
Just wondering if anyone here is with tubehost.us? I didn't actually mean to be with them but they bought over the xzorbix client base and I didnt change. Anyways the hosting has been down for like 2 weeks and all my means of contact are being ignored.

Wondering if anyone else experienced similar problems. Oh and I lost my backups because my laptop needed reformatted so I basically just like 3 years worth of internet work if the host just disappears
I've never heard of them.

You should ALWAYS MAINTAIN YOUR OWN BACKUPS!

Not that you have a choice without having backups but I always wonder why people put up with this... "My site has been down for 2 weeks" etc... I would have moved after the first day of downtime without any response from my host, maybe sooner personally.

07-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Michael C is offline Michael C
Expertise:
Software:

Michael C is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Michael C

Old

Yeah ive opened an account with a big name company. To clear a few things up:

1. I did have backups my laptop screwed up and I lost them which is why I didn't move to a new host, because I had nothing to host.

2. I didn't choose to be hosted by them. I was transfered from an account I opened with a friend and hadn't had time to tranfer to a new host.

07-18-2008, 09:13 PM
refide46 is offline refide46
Software:

refide46 is on a distinguished road

Old

if you lost the contents you can see it from archive.org, write there your website & you can download the contents but if your content in the extentions .php or https it will not shown, some thing like that happened with me in .htm files & i found them all with the pictures also

07-19-2008, 12:18 AM
MikeDVB is offline MikeDVB
Expertise:
Software:

MikeDVB is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to MikeDVB Send a message via MSN to MikeDVB Send a message via Yahoo to MikeDVB

Old

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Bluehost.com
Despite big companies sometimes make problems, you won't get into such trouble...
I would stay away from BlueHost/HostMonster (same company)
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=708971
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=707023
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=708867

1. I did have backups my laptop screwed up and I lost them which is why I didn't move to a new host, because I had nothing to host.
Understandable, I've had something similar happen to me but instead of a total loss, I just had to roll to a backup that was about a month old.

2. I didn't choose to be hosted by them. I was transfered from an account I opened with a friend and hadn't had time to tranfer to a new host.
Anytime a host is bought out by another host, I would be extra sure to be ready to move (aka make sure I have backups in a couple of places, and that they are done regularly) in case the new host fails horribly.

I've seen hosts that were successful and strong totally obliterated after they were purchased which is sad, but true.

Closed Thread