Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1362 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Any recommendations for online invoicing?

Thread title: Any recommendations for online invoicing?
09-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Creatif is offline Creatif
Expertise: Web design/programming
Software: Photoshop, Netbeans, Firefox

Creatif is on a distinguished road

Old  Any recommendations for online invoicing?

Does anyone have any recommendations for online billing services? What do you use?

I've done a lot of searching but cannot come up with anything that has everything I need. The main problem is some of my clients are French and I'd like to be able to choose my clients language.

The main features I'm really looking for are multi-lingual (even if it's only on the client side), integrated paypal payments and all the usual invoicing features.

Freshbooks really looked perfect until I saw that you can change the language on invoices/estimates and not the rest of the interface. From what I read they do not plan to add this feature any time soon even though I found loads of threads asking for this.

I don't mind paying, I don't expect it to be free. Any suggestions?

09-16-2010, 12:47 PM
cpr is offline cpr
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

cpr is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

I've always used Blinksale.com and never had any problems, I don't think it has the multi-lingual feature you're after though. To be honest I think you'll be lucky to find one that does.

09-17-2010, 08:27 AM
ramirezhenry55 is offline ramirezhenry55
Expertise: marketing, SEO
Software:

ramirezhenry55 is on a distinguished road

Old

^tried Blinksale because of your recommendation and it seems complete. I am still learning the features though. Thanks for sharing!

09-17-2010, 05:45 PM

Old

Thanks, I've looked at Blinksale and it does look good. I think it only translates the invoices/estimates though. The one I am with currently is perfect with the different languages but lacks other things like integrated payments, time tracking, etc.

I guess I will just stick with them for the moment maybe they'll be adding the features soon. The one I use at the moment is iScriba.

09-17-2010, 06:10 PM
cableguy is offline cableguy
Software:

cableguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Not sure if this fits the bill but it is another option never the less >> invoice.zoho.com

09-18-2010, 03:41 AM
The Rover is offline The Rover
Expertise: Domain Name Consultant
Software: Fireworks, Notepad, Firefox

The Rover is on a distinguished road

Old

I'd highly recommend paying upfront for an invoicing script (that has the full source code if possible) and then if you're needing modifications done, to pay a programmer a few bucks on say freelancer.com, for example, so that you're getting something that fits all of your needs. blinksale and freshbooks are good services in their own rights, however they don't allow for hardly any true customization. Take a look at http://www.freelancesuite.com/ and http://www.freelancerpanel.com/

Either that, or just hire a programmer to develop something from scratch. You'll save tons of money, long term.

09-18-2010, 04:56 AM
elyeungbb is offline elyeungbb
Expertise:
Software:

elyeungbb is on a distinguished road

Old  Try Billing Boss

Try Billing Boss from Sage Software (http://www.billingboss.com). Seems like it's what you're looking for. Plus, it's free!

It comes in 14 languages and supports multiple currencies. They have all the standard invoicing features, plus:
-Unlimited invoices and clients
-E-mail support (send invoices directly to clients)
-Full PDF support (send attached PDFs to clients automatically)
-Unbranded e-mails
-Data sharing (add a partner or bookkeeper)
-Track Cash Flow (payment recording)
-The ability to accept payments online via PayPal or their own payment services
-Support for taxes, discounts, and your own logo
-Mobile-friendly site (iPhone and Google G1 support)

They have other advanced features such as:
-Ability to accept payments with your emailed invoices
-Accept payments on your phone using a new or existing merchant account (www.paymentboss.com)

Full Disclosure: This author has been compensated by Sage. I am their Social Media Consultant but I was using their product well before they contracted me. They found me when I sent them an email giving suggestions about Billing Boss!

09-18-2010, 08:48 AM

Old

Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
I'd highly recommend paying upfront for an invoicing script (that has the full source code if possible) and then if you're needing modifications done, to pay a programmer a few bucks on say freelancer.com, for example, so that you're getting something that fits all of your needs. blinksale and freshbooks are good services in their own rights, however they don't allow for hardly any true customization. Take a look at http://www.freelancesuite.com/ and http://www.freelancerpanel.com/

Either that, or just hire a programmer to develop something from scratch. You'll save tons of money, long term.
I hadn't thought of looking for self hosted solutions. I'll take a look now. I wouldn't need to hire a dev for changes though as that's my job

elyeungbb, I've looked at billingboss already. It does look good but from what I understood it doesn't have integrated payments through Paypal. By that I mean updating the invoice automatically with the IPN. If I'm wrong about this let me know & I'll take another look

09-18-2010, 01:42 PM
handsonhosting is offline handsonhosting
Expertise: Web Hosting, Servers
Software: Notepad

handsonhosting is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

We use WHMCS for our billing in our hosting company, and we've had a couple of non hosting companies use the software for their recurring billing also (Gym membership, wine subscription site, etc). The software does allow the changing of languages on the user interface, however I believe the admin end all stays in English. We deal with international customers daily, and haven't had anyone complain about the language in the client end of things as of yet.

Might be something to have a look at also - (www.whmcs.com)

09-18-2010, 05:24 PM

Old

WHMCS does look pretty neat. I've heard back from the company I'm with at the moment and all the features I'm looking for are in the works. So I'm probably going to stick with them now.

Thanks everyone for your replies though.