Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 864 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Actually SIGNING a contract?

Thread title: Actually SIGNING a contract?
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
01-24-2007, 02:33 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

What situations resolva, are you talking about dealing with underaged people who would not honour contracts anyway? Or dealing with people in general who would not honour contracts?

Why would you bother working with people that won't honour them?

01-24-2007, 02:58 AM
JamesH is offline JamesH
Expertise:
Software:

JamesH is on a distinguished road

Old

Man this really depresses me, but Julian, thats the only type of clientele that I have the option of working with. I'm not sure if you've ever been in my position. Basically, I'm not professional enough to work with people other than underaged web developers. And I'm being honest. I have a basic idea about how to bring up my game, but at my point in life it just isn't feasible.

I'm 16 years old, doing this as a hobby. I try to treat web design as my part time job (considering that I don't have one) but I've come to the understanding that its a lot harder then what people think. Unlike a lot of people, I feel really uncomfortable doing work for a client knowing that they could have possibly gotten a better person to do the work. I don't know how to describe that feeling, but thats the best I could come up with.

Now that we have established the fact that I can only work with underaged people, I've also noticed a trend. They aren't mature enough to realize the damage they cause when they blow off a designer (or anybody who works for them). And they just keep doing it and doing it and there really is nothing we can do about it. I mean yeah, we can bring them to court. But that doesn't solve anything. The price to pay to take legal action with these small projects is just not worth it at all. This feeling of insecurity drives me nuts! Almost to the point to were I want to get out of web. But I can't; I always find myself coming back to Talkfreelance and checking out everyone's knew projects and it gets me all worked up to start my own.

Man, I don't even know how to conclude my own thoughts. Yea...

01-24-2007, 03:59 PM
Andrew R is offline Andrew R
Expertise:
Software:

Andrew R is on a distinguished road

Old

Sounds exactly like me James. That's why I don't design, however I do code because I feel I'm a better coder. Also, coding can actually bring in more money than designing at current prices on TF ($80 coding job at 2-4 hours vs. $150 design tops for 2+ days).

01-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Kraken is offline Kraken
Software:

Kraken is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by JamesH
I'm 16 years old, doing this as a hobby.
That's probably where the problem lies. Not your age, but the hobby part.

01-24-2007, 05:49 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Just e-mail them the contract and get them to sign it using photoshop or something, I do this with my designer everytime I hire her

01-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Sorry James, thats makes things a lot clearer.

So maybe you have to take a few losses from unscrupulous clients, sorry, it puts this totally within the "it's your choice" category.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2