Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1618 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     Web Design Resources :

[Poll] What do you think is a reasonable turn around?

Thread title: [Poll] What do you think is a reasonable turn around?
View Poll Results: What is a good turnaround for a one page PSD design?
Same day 0 0%
Next day 3 10.34%
Few days 14 48.28%
One week 9 31.03%
Couple weeks 3 10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
03-09-2006, 01:01 PM
LeeD is offline LeeD
Expertise:
Software:

LeeD is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to LeeD Send a message via MSN to LeeD Send a message via Yahoo to LeeD

Old

As a buyer, I expect it withn 2-3 days typically.

03-09-2006, 01:37 PM
TheGrandBerry is offline TheGrandBerry
Expertise:
Software:

TheGrandBerry is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to TheGrandBerry Send a message via MSN to TheGrandBerry

Old

As a designer, I would expect to spend no more than a week on a design.

Unless the client requests multiple changes.

Regards.

03-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Sam Granger is offline Sam Granger
Expertise:
Software:

Sam Granger is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Sam Granger

Old

Really depends on how many reviews you give and what quality the design has to be. Never rush or the end result won't be as good.

1 page designs - how big is a 1 page design? You might have a dinky page eg a splash page or a massive 1 page forum psd which requires more elements. Very hard to put a exact creation time on something like this. Also depends if designer is student doing it part time for example or a designer working full time and if he or she has other projects running at the same time.

03-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Andy is offline Andy
Expertise:
Software:

Andy is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Andy

Old

Why are a lot of you confusing a 1 page psd design with project managment?

There is 0 research necessary, clients should tell you the style they want, rather than you guessing or "researching".

A few days is it all it should take, no longer than 5 days.

03-10-2006, 07:02 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

viz, i can only assume you don't have any industry experience with that comment. there's a suprising amount of flaws in you mentality.

for starters, a 1 page lyout design is still project management. there's a company in my town that got a contract from AOL to do a 1 page design that still took 3 months to put together. real work (read: real work) isn't just throwing random junk into a "design". you need concept options, themes etc.

0 research? have you ever worked with actual project work or are you just aonet kid pawning off templates you made, bored, one weekend? clients aren't designers. the style they want is irrelevent. as a designer, it's your job to find the optimm way to communicate their message to their audience. a used care dealership doesn't need over-the-top grunge and 3d effects for their media. it's not how you communicate with their market. it's your job to inform them of the best way, and then do it. you don't just follow orders regardless of the outcome. there's a reason people only make $20 for a web site and that's it.

when you write a cover letter for a job interview, do you just open a word processor, type it up once, with no research into the company, the position or how your backgorund makes you the perfect candidate, and then without proofreading or properly formatting / spacing everything, pritn it off and go to your interview? you wouldn't do it there, why do it with the work the job does?

my web site only has 4 unique page templates and it's already taken over a year and a half to develop. you people underestimate your own worth.

03-11-2006, 04:12 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by VIZ
Why are a lot of you confusing a 1 page psd design with project managment?

There is 0 research necessary, clients should tell you the style they want, rather than you guessing or "researching".

A few days is it all it should take, no longer than 5 days.
Wow, you have said it all from the point of view a $20 designer would say it from.

I am not confusing anything at all.

Every single design is a project, every single design demands your best, every single design demands research, every single design demands planning. Even if the design is a simple banner, or a basic button.

The research is to get the information about the client, then get information from the client, then get information from other sources for the project.

MOST clients don't know what "style" they want, most clients want you to get inside their heads and "understand their business", most clients don't care about style...they simply want to make more money.

Derek is on the same wavelength as me and every other "professional designer". You just sound amateur with your comments.

03-12-2006, 12:58 PM
.james is offline .james
Expertise:
Software:

.james is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to .james

Old

It depends on the complexity of what they are asking for. I'd say 48 hours for simply the psd is reasonable and anyone expecting something absolutely brilliant in less time than that is ludacris. 1-2 weeks for psd is what I tell them, but I usually have a concept design to show in 2-3 days.

My personal site took over a year to launch and its still not done.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2