Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1430 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     Development Software and Tools :

Internet Explorer 7 Announced

Thread title: Internet Explorer 7 Announced
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
02-19-2005, 03:12 AM
Keith is offline Keith
Expertise:
Software:

Keith is on a distinguished road

Old

Personally, I don't care about IE7. It ain't gonna make me switch back from FF. The fact that little or not changes are going to be made to the rendering engine will be the main reason I won't change back. My computer is secure enough right now using FF. A security update to IE won't make the slightest bit of difference to me.

In fact, if Mozilla manage to keep on par with MS as far as updates or additional features goes, I'll more than likely stick to FF forever more.

02-19-2005, 05:00 AM
Picard102 is offline Picard102
Software:

Picard102 is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Keith
I'll more than likely stick to FF forever more.
I am sure people said similar things during the height of the browser wars last century, and I am sure a lot of people jumped the Netscape ship as it sank into obscurity and irrelevancy.

02-19-2005, 06:43 AM
Young Spark is offline Young Spark
Software:

Young Spark is on a distinguished road

Old

Picard you is an ignorant SOB to be quite frank. I mean seriously, pardon the language, but your bitching over something I just made a damned suggestion they could use and you fly off the handle. Some people may not be rich like you or A-OK technological, but why do you have to make everything so hard, I thought this forum would be different from other freelancing forums where people dont accusate standards, guess I was wrong.

02-19-2005, 06:55 AM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Young Spark
Picard you is an ignorant SOB to be quite frank.
Arrogant is probably the word you were looking for, and yes I am quite arrogant.
you fly off the handle.
I am not the one flying off the handle here, if I was I'd probably be calling you a SOB and typing incoherently. Calm down a little before you have an aneurysm
Some people may not be rich like you or A-OK technological, but why do you have to make everything so hard
How is this hard? Hard for you to understand? Hard for you to deal with someone having a different opinion?
where people dont accusate standards,
What does this even mean? Accurate? Accuse?

02-19-2005, 11:06 AM
Keith is offline Keith
Expertise:
Software:

Keith is on a distinguished road

Old

Young Spark, I agree that you need to calm down a bit. Picard is only giving his opinion, just like you.

With that said, Picard, you need to re-read what I said.

if Mozilla manage to keep on par with MS as far as updates or additional features goes, I'll more than likely stick to FF forever more.
I understand where you're coming from with your quote about others during the browser wars. IE got the marketshare because it was the best. Right now, imo, FF is the best. Unless the other browser makers make significant inroads in security and functionality, I won't be switching back.

02-19-2005, 04:53 PM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Keith
I understand where you're coming from with your quote about others during the browser wars. IE got the marketshare because it was the best. Right now, imo, FF is the best. Unless the other browser makers make significant inroads in security and functionality, I won't be switching back.
Netscape wasn't too bad until 4.5 and up. I wonder how FF will look at 4.5 myself. Or how long the founders of the project are going to keep at it, and when they will start charging for certain features.

02-20-2005, 09:05 PM
Young Spark is offline Young Spark
Software:

Young Spark is on a distinguished road

Old

For the sake of the public, I am going to be resigning my membership via thanks to Picard for being an ass. Its a shame how people have to be so damn compromising. Bye talkfreelance.

02-20-2005, 10:20 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

For the sake of the public, I am going to be resigning my membership via thanks to Picard for being an ass. Its a shame how people have to be so damn compromising. Bye talkfreelance.
Why don't you simply choose to ignore this user? You can do this via the user control panel. It's shame you have to leave because of one individual.

02-21-2005, 12:03 AM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

i'm sorry i just can't lef this one go. . .
and you fly off the handle
Picard you is an ignorant SOB
I thought this forum would be different from other freelancing forums]
I am going to be resigning my membership via thanks to Picard for being an ass
you need to work on your people skills. not everyone is going to be nice and sugarcoat everything they say to you. you're going to meet people in the world you consider asses... that's how it works. survival is dependant on ebing able ot dela with it. are you going to quit your job because someone is contradictory and arrogant?

02-22-2005, 12:31 PM
kiswa is offline kiswa
Expertise:
Software:

kiswa is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by ULTiMATE
As I said in the first post. They either have some other pretty big features they want to introduce, or Bill Gates just wants to make a big annoncement of his own to cool the inferno that Firefox is making.
The second one. If they aren't updating the rendering engine, then they're just trying to get people to stop leaving for Firefox. And Young Spark/Picard there was also a poll here that shows Firefox as the leading browser (and check the site stats too, FF is the most used by visitors). And it is relevant. The reason they're coming out with this announcement is because Firefox is doing so well.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >