Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1408 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

Weed: Yes or no?

Thread title: Weed: Yes or no?
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 >
01-20-2006, 11:52 PM
Mr. Cheeky is offline Mr. Cheeky
Software:

Mr. Cheeky is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by TR Jones
State your source please. (Not saying you're wrong, just want to know what credible site this is from.

Just like "its physically possible to DIE from smoking".

Now you're just going to tell me I am lying about my opinions, and what I'm saying is wrong even though I know what I just said was my own opinion?

You're a joke. Next question please.
True, its physically impossible to die from smoking. Not from weed itself though.

Can you please stay on topic though? We're talking about weed here, not smoking.

The reason weed is commonly associated with smoking is because it is such a common way to get high off it. And an easy way at that.

Alcohol-related deaths:
http://alcoholism.about.com/library/narmort01.htm

01-20-2006, 11:52 PM
buddybuddha is offline buddybuddha
Software:

buddybuddha is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to buddybuddha

Old

Just like "its physically possible to DIE from smoking".
Anything that kills you over a period of 60+ years cant be half bad...
Plus theres no statistics whatsover linking marijuana to cancer. Oh and if you think my statement is invalidated, there was an article recently published in Time which explicitly stated that. Im not saying Time is the ultimate authority or anything, but you need to check your facts.

01-20-2006, 11:53 PM
sketchie is offline sketchie
Software:

sketchie is on a distinguished road

Old

Mr. Cheeky you're wrong boyo :P

And the latest news from the lungs seems even worse.

In fact, marijuana seems just as harmful to the lungs as tobacco. And for people who smoke pot and cigarettes, the chances of getting cancer later in life are higher, still.

Why did you think they called it getting high, anyway?

Smoking pure marijuana is at least as harmful to lungs as smoking tobacco, a report from the British Lung Foundation concludes. And in some key ways, it may be more dangerous.

For example, the BLF's review of previous research highlights that just three marijuana joints a day causes the same damage to the lung's airways as 20 cigarettes, mainly because of the way joints are smoked.

Individually, cannabis and tobacco produce the same constituents and quantities of chemicals known to be toxic to respiratory tissue, other than nicotine, the report says. But when cannabis and tobacco are smoked together, the health effects are worse.

"These statistics will come as a surprise to many people, especially those who choose to smoke cannabis rather than tobacco in the belief it is safer for them," says Mark Britton, chairman of the BLF. A UK survey conducted earlier in 2002 found that 79 per cent of children believed cannabis to be 'safe'.

01-20-2006, 11:54 PM
Nirvana- is offline Nirvana-
Expertise:
Software:

Nirvana- is on a distinguished road

Old

I do not condone it.
I know people that do it, its great for them, its their decision, they've asked me to take part, but I refuse.
I don't try to interfere with other people's decisions.

Software:

Old

Originally Posted by buddybuddha
Plus theres no statistics whatsover linking marijuana to cancer. Oh and if you think my statement is invalidated, there was an article recently published in Time which explicitly stated that. Im not saying Time is the ultimate authority or anything, but you need to check your facts.
Its true.

The reason tobacco causes cancer is because the human throat is coated with nicotine receptors. When you smoke, the nicotine binds with these receptors and overtime causes cancer.

The main chemical in weed, THC, does not have any natural receptors. Thus, not able to cause cancer.

B72 is offline B72
Software:

B72 is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by buddybuddha
Have they tested people that ONLY smoke weed? Nothing else such as cigarettes, cigars, blacks ect..

01-20-2006, 11:56 PM
dirkjan is offline dirkjan
Expertise:
Software:

dirkjan is on a distinguished road

Old

in my country, the Netherlands, weed and hash are legal, and we have the lowest percentage of people addicted to drugs in western europe. A lot of people experiment with it, but because it is legal, it is nothing special, so much less interesting for young people. It's like alcoholic drinks. If you make it illigal, it's much more exciting to drink, so more people get addicted to it.

And I think about 25% of all tourists in Amsterdam go partly for the legal drugs policy. There are high taxes on the softdrugs, so it is very good for our economy, so we can use more money to help addicted people to stop.

Ofcourse I have smoked some stuff in the past. Personally I don't like it, but if people want to, why not? You might say they risk their health... but then you should make alcohol and cigarettes forbidden to. If someone wants to **** up his life, it's his own responsibility. And if someone wants to smoke a joint from time to time, it is not so unhealthy, and as long as you don't get addicted and start using more heavy stuff (harddrugs), what's the problem?

01-20-2006, 11:57 PM
nathomusic is offline nathomusic
Expertise:
Software:

nathomusic is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to nathomusic

Old

I think you meant to put my name there? I know there are alcohol-related deaths every year, but thats because of stupid yobs that act stupid whether they're drunk or not. Drinking is supposed to be happy and to have a laugh with your mates. Some people don't understand that.

Yes, I know it's possible to die from alcohol poisining. Do you know that drug addicts break into peoples houses to steal their property, in order to earn drug money? Did you know that Cannabis smoke contains twice as much carcinogenic substance as tobacco. The risk of it causing cancer is greatly increased?

Cannabis users move more easily on to narcotic drugs. At least like 80% of cannabis smokers later move on to other drugs such as heroin and cocain.

Marijuana is clearly a more dangerous subastance than tobacco and alcohol because of the mental effects, plus the long term harmful effects on several organs of the body which are not affected by use of tobacco/alcohol.

Smoking marijuana regularly (a joint each day) can damage the cells in the bronchial passages which protect the body against inhaled microorganisms and decrease the ability of the immune cells in the lungs to fight off fungi, bacteria, and tumor cells. For patients with already weakened immune systems, this means an increase in the possibility of dangerous pulmonary infections, including pneumonia, which often proves fatal in AIDS patients.

So yeah, Animus, I agree. Weed is a good thing right? Yeah sure. Alcohol and tobacco are just as bad. Keep dreamin mate.

01-20-2006, 11:58 PM
buddybuddha is offline buddybuddha
Software:

buddybuddha is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to buddybuddha

Old

For example, the BLF's review of previous research highlights that just three marijuana joints a day causes the same damage to the lung's airways as 20 cigarettes, mainly because of the way joints are smoked.
If you get to the point youre smoking 3 joints a day, Id say youre in trouble. Do some math.

That statement says essentially carcinogenically (not statistically, because they have yet to link it with statistics as I have iterated already), 3 joints = 20 cigarettes.

The average user smokes once or twice a week. Lets be safe and say 2 a week for the purpose of calculations.

2joints/week*week/7days*20cigarrettes/3joints= 2 cigarrettes/day

Honestly, I think you have to worry more about people who are smoking a pack a day.

01-21-2006, 12:00 AM
Software:

Old

nitefly, where do you get your bull**** facts from? More government propaganda?

I know at least 100 pot smokers, none of them have or will ever move on to harder drugs.

Marijuana is not a gateway drug. If anything, alcohol is a gateway drug.

Using a vaporizer gets rid of carcinogens when getting high off weed. Smoking is not necessary at all. Weed can be cooked, no harm done there!

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 >