Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1154 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

Hussain Sentenced to Death

Thread title: Hussain Sentenced to Death
Closed Thread  
Page 9 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9
11-06-2006, 05:18 PM
1901gt is offline 1901gt
Expertise: Web Design, XHTML/CSS
Software: Photoshop, Illustrator

1901gt is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

I'm a Muslim.

11-06-2006, 06:37 PM
Zane is offline Zane
Expertise:
Software:

Zane is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Zane

Old

My opinion

The man deserves to die, he has directly resulted in the deaths of many innocents. However, his death would also not accomplish anything, the past cannot be undone or fixed or justified. We can only move forward and work for a better future.

I think firing range is slightly more "humane" (i know its ironic but whatever) than hanging. Even as much as a sick person he is, he should be executed by firing range.

Those asking for a video tape of it. You are SICK. No one in there right mind would want to watch ANYONE die. If you do, then you need to consult a pyschatrist immediately.

To Kriki im not so sure about the latter part.

11-06-2006, 06:39 PM
wasahobo is offline wasahobo
Software:

wasahobo is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to wasahobo Send a message via MSN to wasahobo

Old

You have the rights to what you want to say? Why don't you just go up to President Bush and say he's a dumb mother****er? It's because you can't - there is no such thing as "free-speech".
Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of President Bush, but if I were to walk up to him and tell him he is a moron, or he is dumb ****er, there is nothing he could do to me. Why you may ask, it is because "IF" this goes to trial, my rights are protected by the constitution, plus the backing of the American public would make sure nothing would happen. Placing me in prision would go against everything America stands for which would bring a world of trouble for the American Government.

Now, if I walked up to him and said, "Your a moron, you should be hanged for your crimes as well", that would be a threat and is illegal no matter who you are. I cannot walk up to my teacher and tell her I want her to die, just like I cannot walk up to the president.

There is a difference between talking to someone and threating someone.

Because the current US administration is directly responsible for the death of several hundred thousand Iraqi civilians. Saddam got the death sentence for being responsible of killing over a hundred civilians, why should Bush not deserve at least the same?
Where did you get this figure? Are you adding in the thousands of people the were killed by the hundreds of bomb's that were placed by terrorists? Do you honestly believe that soldiers have been killing hundreds of thousands of civilians, or did you not know that most of the civilian deaths are caused by bomb's placed by their own people?
I would really like for you to share where you gathered this information from.

11-06-2006, 07:30 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by wasahobo
Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of President Bush, but if I were to walk up to him and tell him he is a moron, or he is dumb ****er, there is nothing he could do to me. Why you may ask, it is because "IF" this goes to trial, my rights are protected by the constitution, plus the backing of the American public would make sure nothing would happen. Placing me in prision would go against everything America stands for which would bring a world of trouble for the American Government.

Now, if I walked up to him and said, "Your a moron, you should be hanged for your crimes as well", that would be a threat and is illegal no matter who you are. I cannot walk up to my teacher and tell her I want her to die, just like I cannot walk up to the president.

There is a difference between talking to someone and threating someone.
you didn't get the news that they can detain people without charge did you? http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15220450/

11-06-2006, 08:28 PM
weblogiks is offline weblogiks
Expertise:
Software:

weblogiks is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to weblogiks

Old

Well, I'll stay off subject so I can be on subject..

To the ones that believe that Muslims think they will go to heaven after suicide- you are wrong- they don't believe this, this is typical political spin. They actually believe that they will go to heaven if they die defending their religion (as the Christians believed during the crusades, and as many Christians still believe). Martydom.

As for the 40-virgins, this is more spin. You will find no Muslim with this belief. There is no such Muslim teaching that goes along with this idea. It is S-P-I-N, very effective I might add, to create a false "understanding" of the people our government want us to turn a sword to. You can call me a kookie all you want, but the world is more than the material excess we make it out to be.

I agree, anyone that would like to see a hanging broadcasted- a little off, but that's just my opinion. It is also my opinion that they are no better than he is. The public death of another human for any form of gain, be it self gratification or political interest- would make us no better than the executed- convicted of much of the same, bringing us down (or up) to that level.

Let's look at it this way- How do you feel about American soldiers? Are you outraged when you see that they have been executed, and that their execution was available on the web? Sick right? I agree. I also agree this is the same form of barbaric act that many of you are chomping at the bit to to see on the 6 oclock news.

The death of the soldiers that are broadcasted are just as justified in their eyes, as the death of their former leader broadcast, in your eyes. They see American soldiers as the enemy, just as many of us see "them" as the enemy. America is hypocritical in this and so many other sinces. We expect other people to act in one way, while we act in another. If they follow our lead- we drop a bomb on their children and call it justified.

axis of evil indeed.. justice, then peace.

Brooks

11-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Elegant Banners is offline Elegant Banners
Expertise: UI Design
Software: Photoshop, Firefox, Notepad++

Elegant Banners is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Elegant Banners Send a message via Skype™ to Elegant Banners

Old

I agree. This typical misconception that much of the public believe about the teachings of Islam (i.e. suicide = path to heaven) is totally wrong, and I think that all people who wish to have an opinion on the matter need to research into the basics of the religion and read the Qur'an. Then come back and forward your views...

11-07-2006, 02:17 AM
wasahobo is offline wasahobo
Software:

wasahobo is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to wasahobo Send a message via MSN to wasahobo

Old

you didn't get the news that they can detain people without charge did you?
(sigh) Great...

11-07-2006, 02:33 AM
northpark is offline northpark
Expertise:
Software:

northpark is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to northpark

Old

I feel that they should release the tapes for anyone who wants to view them, its not my business what you do in your den. As for the justifiability for his death sentence: Yes, I feel he should get the death sentence, regardless of whether or not president bush killed citizens (hes not on trial is he?)

12-29-2006, 12:10 AM
Impluo is offline Impluo
Expertise: programming
Software: Notepad

Impluo is on a distinguished road

Old

I'm reviving this topic to let all you sick people know that you will probably be able to find the video of his hanging on the internet after Sunday.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16384738/

Closed Thread  
Page 9 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9