Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1373 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     Web Design Resources :

Question about creating a web-site for a theatre...feedback as well

Thread title: Question about creating a web-site for a theatre...feedback as well
Closed Thread    
05-05-2006, 05:49 AM
amplifycreative is offline amplifycreative
Expertise:
Software:

amplifycreative is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to amplifycreative Send a message via MSN to amplifycreative

Old  Question about creating a web-site for a theatre...feedback as well

So this past month I have started a creative marketing firm and as a way to market myself I have thought about developing a website for the town's award winning high school theatre department totally free of charge. I've been trying to come up with a high profile site that would serve the community; but also make very visible my firm. (I hope this makes sense) Has anyone else done anything like this, does it work?

Second a feature i've been wanting to use, is giving people the ability to buy tickets online. But the 999 seat theatre has assigned seating, I have no idea how I would do this in terms of having people buy specific seats. I know places like ticketmaster does it, but I have no clue how, any thoughts?

You guys rock!

05-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

I am currently developing a town web site, I am doing this for free with the terms that my site is on EVERY PAGE in the footer. I am now the local authority on web development and have already secured two contracts from referrals from this work. I have been booked by the local tourism and development association to attend a speaking engagement and discuss the website development. At the engagement I will be pushing my own services and I will become the "go to" guy in my district for web development. They are also going to feature me in two articles in the local papers (free advertising) and I will be who they all refer to when they have web development questions.

*The site isn't even live or past the concept stage yet!*

Doing sites like this is a big task, and doing it for free some of you might think I am crazy. But this is a seriously calculated decision, there are 120 businesses and services locally, if 20% of them want a website and I get contracts averaging $1000, that is $30,000. I normally secure larger contracts than this too. Also because I am cultivating this "expert" persona I don't even have to sell myself, they all come to me (like the two who already have). This is seriously the easiest money I think I am ever going to make.

I don't have any answers for your second question, but I don't think it would be too difficult to create in .php

05-07-2006, 11:27 AM
MGB is offline MGB
Software:

MGB is on a distinguished road

Old

I've been trying to come up with a high profile site that would serve the community; but also make very visible my firm,
I agree that putting your site in the footer of every page is a good way to let people know about your business. When the site is complete, you might also consider doing a press release with your local and neighboring newspapers and magazines-- gets the word out about your good deed and your business. People like that

Closed Thread