Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1272 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Ecommerce World :

Ways to Convert Visitors into Buyers

Thread title: Ways to Convert Visitors into Buyers
10-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Sam Granger is offline Sam Granger
Expertise:
Software:

Sam Granger is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Sam Granger

Old  Ways to Convert Visitors into Buyers

Shopping online is great for comparing prices, booking holidays and getting what you want, delivered to your door. However, if your site is too hard to use or doesn’t show your visitor what he is looking for, they will leave. Life is too short and there are tons of competitors out there offering the same products or services. You want your visitor to become a customer, and hopefully tell their friends about you & come back to your site!

So, how do you convert your visitors into buyers? Google released a very handy checklist that you should use for your e-Commerce/services site(s) which you should really download here.

However, they didn’t cover everything. Allow your customers to review your products. Consumers love reading product reviews. You don’t want your visitor to end up searching for reviews of products they found on your site and then ending up ordering the same or a similar product on a different website. You want to make your potential customer to feel secure that others have been before them and are happy.

So, finally your customer likes what they see. But can they buy the product from your site? Clearly show what payments you accept & where you can ship to. Don’t surprise them on the checkout page.

Be flexible. Try to allow customers to specify a delivery day & time. And never forget, customer is king!

10-11-2009, 01:08 PM
CraftedContent is offline CraftedContent
Software:

CraftedContent is on a distinguished road

Old

Good suggestions. I think Amazon has spoiled many of us with the ability to both read all the reviews and add our own. Now that it is so easy to add that functionality to our sites, I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't.

02-13-2010, 02:54 PM
inspiroHost is offline inspiroHost
Expertise:
Software:

inspiroHost is on a distinguished road

Old

It's true, I never buy a product online unless it's reviewed. Unless I'm buying clothes because they traditionally didn't have reviews online at all... but now even Nordstrom etc have started customer reviews/ratings.