Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1256 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

MarketPlace Behaviour - Important, READ!

Thread title: MarketPlace Behaviour - Important, READ!
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
06-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old  MarketPlace Behaviour - Important, READ!

It disappoints me to have to say this but the behavior of some people within our MarketPlace has really gotten out of hand. Today alone 3 people have received bans and a further 3 have been given infractions for breaking MarketPlace rules and it really needs to stop.

So from now on, until this problem is under control, anyone who I see deliberately ruining peoples sales threads will receive an automatic temporary ban. That may sound harsh but I think we can all agree that peoples attitudes in the MarketPlace has seriously gotten bad and we need to do something about it now.

So what classes as trashing a sale thread?
  • Telling people there sale is only worth $x amount not $xxx amount
  • Making negative comments about the item being sold
  • Making negative comments about the seller
To put it simply, if you are not interested in somebody's sale thread then do not post in the sale thread.

I would also like to ask sellers to start and take more care of their own threads. If you are receiving negative comments in your sale thread then use the report button and let us know or even send me or another member of staff a PM and we will take care of it for you.

The MarketPlace is huge part of TalkFreelance and the introduction of the budget forums is having a positive effect on it I think we can agree but it's down to the members to take care of our MarketPlace. Us staff members can clean up threads and give out infractions until we are blue in the face but if the members don't take care of the MarketPlace then there is nothing we can really do about it.

If you use the MarketPlace then follow the rules and take care of it, it's as much benefit to you to keep the place ruining nicely as it is to everyone else.

I hope you all take this in and try your best to help TalkFreelance's MarketPlace run, and grow, nicely.

On another note I'd also just like to remind members to always try and use the correct forum (ie normal or budget) when creating a thread. If you are unsure as to which form your thread belongs in always feel free to ask a member of staff or use the questions forum.

I would also like to solve the confusion surrounding the number of threads members can make within the MarketPlace. The rule is 1 thread per 5 days in each MarketPlace section.

Thanks a lot everyone,

06-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Vizon is offline Vizon - Click for my Image
Expertise:
Software:

Vizon is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Thank you Bazza. I can't stand when people think they can tell people their design is worth less, or that is sucks.

06-12-2007, 07:59 PM
localhost is offline localhost
Expertise: programming, business
Software: Dreamweaver

localhost is on a distinguished road

Old

I agree with you both here.

It's not like people go into a shop, see something they 'think' is overpriced and find the manager and say that is only worth $x do they?

I think just becuase it is the internet and you don't personally know most of the members they think its all right when it's not, it's damn right rude.

Sorry for the rant but it annoys me to.

Webmonkey

06-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

^^ We don't agree on MS and Apple, but we do agree on this

06-12-2007, 08:05 PM
localhost is offline localhost
Expertise: programming, business
Software: Dreamweaver

localhost is on a distinguished road

Old

lol, This isn't a joke, however the MS and apple is.

Maybe if everyone was a bit more happier about things the Free lance industry would get bigger.

The thing is, when people say things like this design is only worth $x, They then go and sell there next design for that... Which brings the industry down.

Steve

06-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Your right, and I am happy SOMEONE has the .... to put control back into TFL. Thanks Bazza.

06-13-2007, 08:14 AM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old

Cheers Bazza - completely agree with you on this.

06-14-2007, 11:45 AM
BrokenFaith is offline BrokenFaith
Expertise:
Software:

BrokenFaith is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to BrokenFaith Send a message via MSN to BrokenFaith

Old

Ill make my formal apology Sorry, I was one of the banned, I just wont express my opinion anymore.

And edit:

I just want to know why it's okay to post "I wish I had the money" or "Nice Layout!" or "Good Luck!"

In my opinion, thats worse then what I got banned for, I got banned for C&C It wasnt rude, I was letting a person know that he was 'persay' false advertising, just like if someone said "Thats not worth 200$, try selling for 20$" thats more C&C And will ACTUALLY HELP THE SELLER, enyet, GOOD JOB, or I WISH I HAD MONEY, and SPAM like that, is allowed?

06-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

Comments like what you and others were making do not help the seller at all. Telling freelancers to lower their prices is just plain rude and it's wrong to tell people their work is rubbish in a sale thread. If someone is trying to sell their work what gives anyone the right to come a long and rubbish it? It seriously harms the sellers chance of a sale, you wouldn't like it if you were selling something and somebody came along and said "don't buy that it's crap" would you?

Aside from all that to put it simply the MarketPlace is not there for "C&C" if you want to help people by giving out some tips then by all means give out all the advice you have but just do it in the Gallery Showcase were people actually want help. Posting negative comments in the MarketPlace is uncalled for and completely unnecessary.

As for comments such as "I wish I had the money" and "good luck with your sale" while we don't encourage those comments and least they are not trying to deter someones chances of a sale or trying to run down the prices within the MP.

You can feel free to express your opinion but just do it in an appropriate place, try to be a bit more professional about this.

Like I said, we are all freelancers here and we all need to look out for each other - negative comments in our MarketPlace helps nobody. Also as I mentioned to you at the time if you were unhappy with your ban and want to discuss please feel free to PM me

06-14-2007, 05:22 PM
Tom is offline Tom
Expertise:
Software:

Tom is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Tom

Old

Glad someone has acted on the thread i brought up a few days ago. I hope this improves the quality of our marketplace, and big thanks to Bazza

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >