Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1054 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Hardware Discussion :

Streaming Video / Xbox 360

Thread title: Streaming Video / Xbox 360
Closed Thread    
01-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old  Streaming Video / Xbox 360

This doesn't pertain to freelancing in any shape or form, just an FYI.

Currently I've been tempted to get into live streaming, but primarily for when I'm playing Halo 3. I'm looking at some marketing tactics for a startup I'm working with, and this is the reason for this angle.

The current hit amongst the community right now is live streaming your gameplay. However, I'm going to be exploiting this advantage because I'm a female... There are a few female Halo 3 streams out there but the players are horrific, but they have a large following. We're talking upwards of about 55K people in almost a week, with a constant following. I'm not garbage at the game like a few streams I've seen, so I'm confident that being able to use being a female AND being good at the game as a way to obtain more followers.. and essentially:

I've been wanting to take advantage of this for the soul fact of using it to promote for my new startup (which pertains to Halo 3), that and gameplay relates to it greatly, so it's not as bad as it sounds.

My only problem is that I'm not sure on how to go about setting this up.

I currently use my 19" monitor with my Xbox 360; I have the VGA HD AV cable that I use. The audio (rca) cables are plugged into a splitter that has a female for mini, so I can either use my headset, or my PC speakers.

I'm looking at trying to stream through a service (say justin.tv) through my computer, and if at all possible (if the quality is great enough) play THROUGH my PC+streaming. I'm sure that won't be feasible given that there's a chance for more lag, so if my source is just from the Xbox, I'm fine with that.

Right now I'm just clueless as to what hardware to look into (not sure if I should go with internal or external capture card), or how to go about setting this up.

Anyone here have any ideas or have done something similar before? I'm looking to spend as little as possible, say ~$200 budget.

Thanks

Closed Thread