Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1684 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Hardware Discussion :

Case/Mobo problems (cable connections)

Thread title: Case/Mobo problems (cable connections)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07-06-2007, 04:16 AM
Andrew R is offline Andrew R
Expertise:
Software:

Andrew R is on a distinguished road

Old  Case/Mobo problems (cable connections)

Hey, I'm in the middle of working on my computer, and I figure I would try to setup the cables coming from the front of the case (for sound, USB, and Firewire) to the motherboard, however I ran into a snag and neither the motherboard nor the case manual is helping.

Also, sorry for the image quality.. it should be higher, I mean the camera is like $300 and about 8.1MP.

Firewire
Right now, I have a cable for Firewire (1394), and trying to find where it goes on the motherboard. I found where it is supposed to go, however this is how the cable looks:

It has a connector coming from the main cable (black), and then from there, it goes into seperate connectors. Here is the problem. The bigger connector would fit perfectly in the slot, however, I could also use those singular connections and put them on the right place, and still possibly work (they have the same labels and layout in my motherboard diagram). My question is, which should I plug into the motherboard? I can't zoom in close enough with this camera for some reason, but the main connector says "1394", and then the rest are all labeled accordingly.

Audio
For now, I'm going to be using the sound card that came with my motherboard until I get a new one (my old Audigy isn't cutting it anymore, time to go X-Fi). It's ASUS Supreme FX or something like that. I have the same issue, however you will see I have TWO bigger connectors (both will fit into the slot), and then the smaller ones, again labeled correctly so they would fit. The two main connectors are labeled "HD AUDIO" (first one from cable), and "AC`97" (second from cable). Here is an image of those cables, plus one of what it would plug into.. (Note: these two connectors have one solid plastic piece where normally a pin would go, and the board is missing one.. perfect match).

Thanks if anyone can help me figure out what goes where, my manuals aren't helping me other than where they connect to (not which connectors to use on the cord).