Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1934 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     PHP and MySQL :

I need help PLEASE, php coders burn me...

Thread title: I need help PLEASE, php coders burn me...
Closed Thread    
02-27-2005, 06:25 PM
mmorales is offline mmorales
Expertise:
Software:

mmorales is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to mmorales

Old  I need help PLEASE, php coders burn me...

Wow,

I was going to hold off to post about these guys on here but I feel the need to. Here is my story. I was asked to investigate methods of shopping cart software for our company, after generic but-now carts were not wanted we decided to make our own. I coded a template and browse for a coder. I first went to Dean Martin (dman2kx). I worked with dean on another porject which was actually a contest I won on Yaxay and he did great. His qoute was 200$. I sent him 50% of the money in a check. He confirmed recieveing the money and 'began' to work on this project way back in late november of 2004. After many delays for him (according ot him being kicked out of his apartment / school). By December 30th 2004 (my birthday) there wa sno indication of completed work. I was infuriated but Dean was considered a friend so I tried to work with him. After more delays I asked for a refund. He said he didnt have it. Since then he mailed me last week stating 'You will get a refund', however no timeframe for that.

Then I contacted Chris Robinson (Zaphur) he stated he could fully do the project for an agreed 130$. After a hard first week of no contact and a bitter taste in my mouth from Dean I used paypal's recieve cash back form, it worked in the effect Chris finally contacted me and gave me a school excuse for the small delay. He then proceeded to do some solid work getting some forms to work but some things in the demo were not working ot the specified project.

At this time I bought myself a PHP book and began making simple tutorials cart strying to understand the basics.

Today we are in feburary and I recieved an e-mail this Sunday morning:
Quote:
hi. i went online like you asked but you werent online. about the project, i cant do the ordering system beaause i havent learnt cookies yet. please let me know if you can paypal me funds for my work (catalog system), you will have to find someone else to complete the ordering system. sorry i cant complete the project as i dont have the time (school). talk soon.

I was even more infuriated saying he dealyed the project trying to learn cookies proabbly never used them and tried to wing it. Unfortunately he did not fully understand he was to complete the project. I spent my own money to try and get this thing rolling because it is my fault for choosing them in poor judgement. I will most likely not send chris anymor emoney for not completing the project.

I ask the YAXAY and web design community please show me a coder that will work daily. I only get paid so much in my 2 week paycheck because I am part time. I would need someone to work with me with a decent price. This project is not an uber advanced cart, its at best a simple ordering cart. today I am out

100$ for Dean and 30$ for Zaphur.

I need someone to work with me good in contact have aim/msn/e-mail and I would need their phone/address. Im in a desperate situation and am looking for soemone fast and with a portfolio. Can you guys recommend someone?

I really do hope these coders get their act together, I already made an effort to find both their phone numbers and addresses. A letter will be drafetd to each requesting refund.

Please help me.... I love you guys. :-(

02-27-2005, 07:10 PM
FiveInteractive is offline FiveInteractive
Expertise:
Software:

FiveInteractive is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to FiveInteractive Send a message via MSN to FiveInteractive

Old

Thats a really bad story.
You need to pick the betyter coders.
Someone who claims to of not learnt cookies can no way of claimed to be able to code a shopping cart!

02-27-2005, 07:13 PM
eric_bobbitt is offline eric_bobbitt
Expertise:
Software:

eric_bobbitt is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to eric_bobbitt

Old

Your problem might have been dealing with inexperienced programmers who wish to become freelancers. This unfortuanatly happens more than it should. However, you should also know that coding a full shopping cart system from scratch is not simple task and any self respecting freelancer would charge much more than 200 dollars.

If you are truly wishing to have a cart built for your specific needs and are willing to spend the cash for a real freelancer I'm sure there are many here that could be of service. I am available for hire currently: You can contact me by e-mail ( geeklegacy@charter.net ) or on aim ( geeklegacy ) to get my personal details.

A good freelancer should always stay in constant communication with the client such as yourself, including a phone number & address where they can be reached.

Hope this helps you with your future freelance dealings. Good Luck.

02-27-2005, 08:57 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

I have been burnt as well! There are alot of great programmers/designers who simply don't have any grasp of how to do business in a professional mannor. I have lost around $500 to inexperienced freelancers now.

Perhaps post an offer for the job on tf? It's going to be fairly expensive though....a full shopping cart isn't an easy feat.

Closed Thread