Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 920 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Case Studies

Thread title: Case Studies
Closed Thread    
01-23-2005, 01:57 AM
knux is offline knux
Expertise:
Software:

knux is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to knux Send a message via AIM to knux Send a message via MSN to knux

Old  Case Studies

Hello guys. I was wondering yet again what some of your oppinions are. I was curious as to what case studies really are. What is their purpose? Why do one? How do you go about being apart of one. Please your input is very crucial to me. Thanks alot

Ryan

01-23-2005, 02:14 AM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

It's an in-depth analysis of a before and after review. For example if somebody has a client case study on their site, they are outlining the aims and objectives for the work carried out, and prove the benefit of their work.....

01-23-2005, 02:23 AM
knux is offline knux
Expertise:
Software:

Send a message via ICQ to knux Send a message via AIM to knux Send a message via MSN to knux

Old

Thanks alot mooby. So you can a case study to prove to clients that your work proves beneficial to them. Thanks. Anyone else?

01-23-2005, 10:02 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Preety much knux, case studies are the way to go. The majority of designers only concentrate on designing, they don't even think about the business implications that their design brings. Businesses don't buy a design because their old one isn't nice, they buy a new design because it isn't doing the job e.g Converting enough sales, providing clear and concise information.

As a designer you are required to provide a solution to their problem, a case study as moobrack said is an in depth study/treatment of a particular website where you outline the problems you face, the clients specification etc. You would then review your progress/outcome/conclusion after the design is finished and provide feedback and perhaps some statistical information from the client to back it up e.g Sales went up 15% since we implemented our new design.

Check out www.ceonex.com for a better idea of case studies, they do this very well.

01-23-2005, 03:26 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

i'm making all my portfolio entries into case studies, but i need to reqoek the content. these are quick bull****s to make sure the back end is fuctioning properly - http://www.vectorthis.com/index.php?...=web&project=1

i outline why i did the project, what the problem was, what i did to try and solve it and why.

01-23-2005, 06:32 PM
knux is offline knux
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Yes that is what i will start doing once I get my next client. I wouldn't do a case study on a template though. I would do one on a site i helped build up.

Closed Thread