Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1294 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Can someone help me with an estimate?

Thread title: Can someone help me with an estimate?
Closed Thread    
05-17-2007, 11:29 AM
marco is offline marco
Software:

marco is on a distinguished road

Old  Can someone help me with an estimate?

Hello! I was request to take care of a huge web site dealing with research and consulting services in many industrial sectors. The client required Seo, web marketing and optimization that I devolved to partner of mine, I will have to redesign the html web site, providing web design, hosting and domain, contact forms (I will use flash forms), password protection with login area, professional photography and maybe logo(not sure about it). I have counted about 170 links each one corresponding to a page. The client told me he does not cares for money but for result. I have never been involved in a so big projects even if easy, mostly regarding html pages.I am a freelance even if i may seem something more.
How would you quote this project? Thanks for your help!
Marco

05-17-2007, 12:53 PM
ChrisM is offline ChrisM
Expertise:
Software:

ChrisM is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to ChrisM

Old

Honestly Marco, this is not enough information to quote on correctly.

05-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

For a project as large as this, if you are taking it on you should not need to ask us how to quote for it. This is a large professional project that you should know how to deal with. You should already have time/cost/design/hosting estimates from previous projects that you can expand and apply to this project. If you don't then you need to start tracking your projects properly.

For a start you need an honest hourly rate, apply this to every aspect of the project i.e.

170 pages @ [insert time here] hour adding content per page = ?? hours x hourly rate
Design = ?? hours x hourly rate
Programming = ?? hours x hourly rate
Hosting = length of hosting x size of account x projected bandwidth
SEO = ?? hours x hourly rate
Photography = (photo rate + manipulation time) x hourly rate
Identity (fancy name for logo) = base identity rate

Then for each item break them into individual tasks. You "should" end up with a project that will span several weeks, for me at my hourly rate this would be an expensive project: 100+ hours x $100/hour = $10,000+

Big projects like this do not simply run themselves simply, they take serious planning and research.

Do your homework and have a good think about completing this project, maybe you will need a project manager who can run quotes and project tasks for you?

Closed Thread