Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 996 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

i need your help in this Price offer

Thread title: i need your help in this Price offer
Closed Thread    
08-28-2006, 11:22 PM
alexandria2000 is offline alexandria2000
Software:

alexandria2000 is on a distinguished road

Old  i need your help in this Price offer

Hello

I need your help to put an estimated price offer for a dynamic web site.

My client has a very ugly static web site for selling computer accessories.

He asked a price offer for the following contents:

1- dynamic web site ( data base for the products and the ability to search the contents )
2- shopping cart + order alert
3- data base for his clients ( username and password )
4- guest book
5- software library
6- forum ( php )
7- mail form
8- php-nuke magazine

I can do all this work , but this will take time and effort from me .

The prices differ but there is an average, I do not want to loose this client even if I will give him a lower price than the average.

That is my first "real" offer, and I need your help.

Thank you for your time.

08-28-2006, 11:28 PM
Mase is offline Mase
Expertise:
Software:

Mase is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Mase

Old

Thats a big ask for your first.

Im not sure what a PHP Nuke magazine is?

And for the forum, is there no shortcuts like just buying a vB license? I can't see the point in coding a forum unless your talking top end bespoke client, lots of time gone wasted really.

As for the price, for me it depends on the turnaround hes expected. If its short i'd go high price, however if its a side project with a slow turnaround then a more reasonable price. So whats the turnaround hes expecting?

If your not sure on how to quote him. Why not put the ball in his court, and ask for his budget. If you think you can do that work in the time, up to your own standards then go for it. Otherwise, uncheck a few boxes on the list and he can up his price for the things that you feel are worth more?

08-29-2006, 12:36 AM
Garyrae is offline Garyrae
Expertise:
Software:

Garyrae is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garyrae Send a message via Skype™ to Garyrae

Old

You could probably get all those scripts free, then just modify them to cater for his needs.

08-29-2006, 05:54 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Hi again Alexandria,
Originally Posted by alexandria2000
The prices differ but there is an average, I do not want to loose this client even if I will give him a lower price than the average.
Do you know the average price he has been quoted? Do you know the budget estimate for this project? If you know either of these then base your pricing around them. If you don't know these then do a rough estimate of how long your best guess is to complete this project, and then times that best guess by your hourly rate. If you think your best guess is too low or too high then you are beginning to know your true value.

Example: Best guess of 114 hours to complete the project. Hourly rate of $45/hour. Therefore quote is approximately $5130. If this value is way too low or high (and you will always have a gut feeling it is) then adjust accordingly.

One big thing to consider is that you should not undersell yourself TOO much just to get this project. I understand underselling, but it's got to be reasonable.

Something else to consider (I don't want you to try this unless you currently have plenty of paid work and this is a corporate type client), is to price yourself at the extreme high end of the scale. This can have an unusual effect on clients, they seem to believe they are getting much more from you than they would from anyone else that has quoted (I am talking quotes 3-4 times higher than other competitors). They think that you are, without doubt, THE BEST THERE IS!. This is a good way to boost your income significantly, when you already have plenty of work. Plus if the client doesn't like it, it doesn't matter to you, you already have work.

Closed Thread