Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1111 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

My Custom Design Service: Critiques Welcome...

Thread title: My Custom Design Service: Critiques Welcome...
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
01-03-2005, 06:59 PM
x3knet is offline x3knet
Expertise:
Software:

x3knet is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to x3knet Send a message via MSN to x3knet Send a message via Yahoo to x3knet

Old

Oh ok.. it works now... It doesn't work at my house for some reason... Maybe because I'm still on PS6 at my house... the school has PS CS.

01-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Lewis Malpas is offline Lewis Malpas
Expertise:
Software:

Lewis Malpas is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lewis Malpas

Old

Thanks alot guys...

For the text on the Navagation I used Tahoma - 12pt - Bold -None..
On the main text and plan text I used Tahoma - 9pt - None

Hope that helped..

01-03-2005, 07:10 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

also, white fonts shouldn't be used on light backgrounds -- see left menu buttons.

sure i only woke up a little while ago, but i have to try to read anything typed there.... so i'm going to a new host. and none of the elements line up. the 'company news' bar should be in align with the three package bars. give the site some symmetry.

01-03-2005, 07:38 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

the 'company news' bar should be in align with the three package bars. give the site some symmetry.
The Company Bar does align with the 3 package bars ?

I know you guys are giving me some constructive critisism but please bare in mind I have only been a webdesigner for a year and a half where as some of you have been designing for alot longer... sure up to your work mine is pretty rubbish but for me its my best work...

atleast give me some hints to make it better instead of critising the bad points, afterall I posted this thread to ask for improvments..

Im not starting an argument or anything... and getting a 2/5 is kind of dissapointing as for me this is some of my best work.. sorry if it doesent meet standards..

Take care guys,
BPixels

01-03-2005, 08:33 PM
tarun hari is offline tarun hari
Software:

tarun hari is on a distinguished road

Old

it's a 2/5 right now... take some of these peoples advice. make the changes, and see how much better it is. there is always room for improvement man. noones putting you down, we're just calling it like it is.

01-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I know, and I respect your opinion coming from a designer ive allways admired for over a year.... But if you could explain what makes a good design i.e structure, spacing, content I could learn and then use your advice in future designs

Thanks Tarun...

01-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Michael is offline Michael
Software:

Michael is on a distinguished road

Old

Looks really nice in my opinion. The coded version should look great too. I don't see anything that I should comment on.

01-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

BoxedPixels just to give a few ideas of what to change, most of this has been said but i'll try to explain a bit. . .

The menu on the left, you have white text on the very light buttons, this makes the text quite hard to read you could fix this in a few ways. Obviously the most logical way would be too darken the text, make it a dark grey perhaps? Another way might be to add a shadow to the text tho im not sure that would look too good for this design or you could darken the buttons which might throw off your colour scheme. . .try experimenting see what you can come up with

As mentioned before the header is rather large, you could try making this smaller, try making it so the bottom of the header aligns with the top of the nav, it may look more standard that way but you could try it out to see how it looks, again experimentation is the key

As Tarun said you have a few placement issues, while its not bad how you have it set out it doesn't seem to 'flow' too well. Im not sure on what i could say to you help on this other than to just try and give it some sort of direction, like with everything its just something you have to play around

You have a very nice design and i like the colour scheme alot, but there is just a few minor things you need to fix to make it even better. . . . hope that helps to clear up a few things for you

01-03-2005, 09:41 PM
patrickPaul is offline patrickPaul
Expertise:
Software:

patrickPaul is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to patrickPaul Send a message via MSN to patrickPaul Send a message via Yahoo to patrickPaul

Old

My honest opinion:

I've seen that exact style/layout too many times. Looks too much like a purchased template.

Regards,
Patrick

01-03-2005, 09:45 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

It does remind me of www.websitesource.com abit.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >