Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 770 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography :

Layered PNG Files (from Nice twitter design - Includes PNG's)

Thread title: Layered PNG Files (from Nice twitter design - Includes PNG's)
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
06-09-2009, 06:55 AM
46Bit is offline 46Bit
Expertise: Web Development
Software:

46Bit is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to 46Bit Send a message via Skype™ to 46Bit

Old

My favourite thing about this thread is how most every post consists of 'you have no idea what you're talking about'. Now the interesting thing about this is that is that for someone to say someone (edit, meant to say 'something', whoops) they *must* have the idea of saying it, therefore this is an element of almost everyone's argument which is flawed.

Suffice to say that it is extremely rare at the least to sell a design not created in Photoshop (or at least in the PSD format) on TF, CT, or a fair amount of similar forums.

06-09-2009, 07:04 AM
The Rover is offline The Rover
Expertise: Domain Name Consultant
Software: Fireworks, Notepad, Firefox

The Rover is on a distinguished road

Old

My favourite thing about this thread is how most every post consists of 'you have no idea what you're talking about'.
The comical part is that you seriously don't know what your talking about by stating that a layered png is rarely used in web design.

Suffice to say that it is extremely rare at the least to sell a design not created in Photoshop (or at least in the PSD format) on TF, CT, or a fair amount of similar forums.
There's a difference between "rare" and more/less popular. One method can be more popular while the other still holds a large market share. So once again, layered png's are not "rare" as some of you apparently love to imply, for whatever reason. And contrary to what you just stated, I've seen a plethora of designs within many different forums that were made with fireworks. So take it up with Adobe if you disagree. Tell them they shouldn't have created the css export feature since no one will be using layered png's for web design.

06-09-2009, 07:41 AM
46Bit is offline 46Bit
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
The comical part is that you seriously don't know what your talking about by stating that a layered png is rarely used in web design.

There's a difference between "rare" and more/less popular. One method can be more popular while the other still holds a large market share. So once again, layered png's are not "rare" as some of you apparently love to imply, for whatever reason. And contrary to what you just stated, I've seen a plethora of designs within many different forums that were made with fireworks. So take it up with Adobe if you disagree. Tell them they shouldn't have created the css export feature since no one will be using layered png's for web design.
Wow - this post just proved my point. Unlike you might have noticed, I stated on "TF, CT, or a fair amount of similar forums", I never mentioned the industry in general. IE: Your first point is irrelevant - the fact remains that PSDs are more popular on TF & CT.

Kinda amusing that I posted that in order to try and halt the flaming and... need I say more?

EDIT: Or to put this in more amusing terms:
I ask: why is everyone claiming everyone else has no idea what they're talking about.
The response: you have no idea what you're talking about.

06-09-2009, 07:53 AM

Old

I never mentioned the industry in general

Then you've missed the entire basis of this thread, which makes your comments suddenly irrelevant. That's precisely what has been debated; whether layered PNG's are frequently used in the web design industry. While they are not as common as PSD's they are still used frequently. That's what a few of you fail to grasp or acknowledge. So forget the $40 templates that you frequently see on forums such as TF and others. Forums only make up a fraction of the professional design industry, if that. Heck, half of my contacts and fellow design colleagues never post on these forums. Mainly becuase their schedules usually don't allow it, and/or they simply don't have a need to.

Lastly, this isn't about who's more experienced in design, or who has a bigger ego. It's about failing to accept a well understood fact of the industry. My only motive for continuing to post on this topic is that I know many young designers entering this industry already have loads to learn as it is, and the last thing they need is false information. As another user previously posted, there's more than just one popular tool to design web pages with.

06-09-2009, 08:21 AM
46Bit is offline 46Bit
Software:

Old

Then you've missed the entire basis of this thread, which makes your comments suddenly irrelevant. That's precisely what has been debated; whether layered PNG's are frequently used in the web design industry. While they are not as common as PSD's they are still used frequently. That's what a few of you fail to grasp or acknowledge. So forget the $40 templates that you frequently see on forums such as TF and others. Forums only make up a fraction of the professional design industry, if that. Heck, half of my contacts and fellow design colleagues never post on these forums. Mainly becuase their schedules usually don't allow it, and/or they simply don't have a need to.
Why has this turned into a debate on which file is more popular?

06-09-2009, 08:29 AM

Old

Why has this turned into a debate on which file is more popular?

And your point? If you bothered to read this thread from the very beginning, you'd quickly notice that my comment you happily quoted above was made when I was trying to sell a design. The moderator had to split the thread because someone decided it would be cute to not follow the marketplace forum rules and instead, start a debate on which file was more popular. Now that the thread has been split and moved, it's fair game to discuss.

That being said, I believe this conversation is a dead horse at this point, unless you have something else to add to the topic at hand, other than my own quotes taken out of context.

Cheers.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3