Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1385 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Is your business your job?

Thread title: Is your business your job?
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
01-18-2005, 04:57 PM
TheGrandBerry is offline TheGrandBerry
Expertise:
Software:

TheGrandBerry is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to TheGrandBerry Send a message via MSN to TheGrandBerry

Old

Originally Posted by iPixet
I don't need a job, I get my parents' money.
Your 19 and still living off your parents?
Maybe you don't need a job, but wouldn't it be nice to get one to support yourself, and maybe your parents a little for everything they have done for you?

Regards

01-28-2005, 12:02 PM
juvanescence is offline juvanescence
Expertise:
Software:

juvanescence is on a distinguished road

Old

I run my business from home, it keeps my overheads low..

I am not strictly an internet only business although I do prefer dealing with clients through email.

02-01-2005, 04:35 PM
steel-dragon is offline steel-dragon
Expertise:
Software:

steel-dragon is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to steel-dragon Send a message via Yahoo to steel-dragon

Old  Is your business your job?

At my present time, I'm trying to start up a successful business online, but it's becoming seemingly impossible. Most people tell me I should get a 'normal' job, and do this on the side. However, the people that usually say that, have time when they get home to do whatever they wish.

My passion is programming, web programming new beautiful web designs, which the client will truly enjoy after it's completion. I also have the passion to not be ran by someone else, doing things my way, which I also feel is the correct way. Past 'bosses' have shown themselves to be power hungry, or just overall rude. I get their point of being that way, because if they weren't, nothing would probably get done. However, they don't have to do that towards me, because if I'm given work, then I'll get it done.

I dropped out of high school when I was around sixteen years old. Ever since then, and maybe a year or two before that time, I've studied programming languages, used them, and so forth. From around the age of eighteen, I've been doing nothing but going in circles. I can never seem to get myself straight, because other situations come into play. For example; raise $250, turn around and have to use it towards bills, or whatever the case may be, instead of saving the money up.

Maybe even like recently, my hard drive fried on me, I had to stop doing freelance and get a temporary job so I could afford a new hard drive. Once I got everything back up, I've been on the computer (for about a week now), not making a dime and trying my best to find any type of job. I seem to be failing each day, for I have yet to make even one cent.

Today, I'm trying to get together a few web development companies, and it seems to be going slowly. The most important part is getting your companies site up and running, so that you can advertise. That seems to be the part that is slowing everything down. I also try to join web development companies, but either no one is hiring, or just have no interest in me. My reasons for trying to get multiple companies going is so that I can raise the possibility of earning a certain amount each week. Same reason for trying to join a few companies.

At this point, I'm close to giving up, but I believe that would be a bad thing to just give up now. So, to answer the question; "Is your business your job?", my answer would have to be "I'm trying to make it a job."

For the recent posts by a few people, thanks for the welcoming to this forum, it is much appreciated.

Take care all.

02-01-2005, 04:39 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

At this point, I'm close to giving up, but I believe that would be a bad thing to just give up now. So, to answer the question; "Is your business your job?", my answer would have to be "I'm trying to make it a job."
I would never give up! You have obviously worked hard to get where you are currently, you're just waiting for your lucky break..thats all. Why don't you get a job for the time being (just so you have money coming in) and then when a decent idea/business kicks off you can quit

I'm just like you, my passion is running my own business. I would hate to work for anyone else and i have to do things my own way. I don't have a job currently (i'm at university) but i do make some income from the net.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3