Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 864 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Services Offered / Looking to Hire     Web Hosting :

[Hannost] - Your first 3 months for $1.00 on selected packages! + 10 FREE Accounts!!

Thread title: [Hannost] - Your first 3 months for $1.00 on selected packages! + 10 FREE Accounts!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
01-04-2009, 04:34 PM
JamieH is offline JamieH
Software:

JamieH is on a distinguished road

Old

Have made a splash page now just to stop all confusion, so sorry about that.

Jamie Hann

01-04-2009, 08:12 PM
drmystery21 is offline drmystery21
Software:

drmystery21 is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by JamieH View Post
If you read the full post you'll see that it's not just a couple of dollars a month. It's pretty much nothing for your first three months, then it goes back to it's normal fee ($3.99 per month for the basic package for example).

Jamie Hann
Even at full price there is no way you can cover the cost of the server and provide 24/7 support. Do you plan on overselling the server? How are you funding the server? How many are on your support team?

01-04-2009, 08:35 PM
JamieH is offline JamieH
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by drmystery21 View Post
Even at full price there is no way you can cover the cost of the server and provide 24/7 support. Do you plan on overselling the server? How are you funding the server? How many are on your support team?
We're not overselling. Yes we can afford to pay for the server as well - otherwise there would be no point in doing so. We don't have a support team, it's me on myself providing 24/7 support via email, and again if you read the post you would see that all emails are forwarded to my phone so i can promptly reply.

I'll be looking at other support options in the future with the possibilities of hiring staff depending on what business is like but as it is me on myself providing support to users is perfectly fine.

Jamie Hann

01-04-2009, 09:53 PM
drmystery21 is offline drmystery21
Software:

drmystery21 is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by JamieH View Post
We're not overselling. Yes we can afford to pay for the server as well - otherwise there would be no point in doing so. We don't have a support team, it's me on myself providing 24/7 support via email, and again if you read the post you would see that all emails are forwarded to my phone so i can promptly reply.

I'll be looking at other support options in the future with the possibilities of hiring staff depending on what business is like but as it is me on myself providing support to users is perfectly fine.

Jamie Hann
Do you sleep? Eat? Drink? Go out? Go to work? Go to school? Just very interested in how you can provide 24/7 support all by yourself.

01-04-2009, 10:44 PM
JamieH is offline JamieH
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by drmystery21 View Post
Do you sleep? Eat? Drink? Go out? Go to work? Go to school? Just very interested in how you can provide 24/7 support all by yourself.
Of course. But let's be honest until a company has a lot of customers, when will they actually have to provide 24/7 support? At this stage, i'd be lucky to have a couple of support requests to see to on a daily basis. So as it is, i can happily provide 24/7 support. It's not as if my phone is going to bleep every 5 seconds because of a support request i need to see to.

Maybe at a later stage when we have a full server, i would have to look into different support methods. I hope this answers your question.

Jamie Hann

01-04-2009, 10:51 PM
JamieH is offline JamieH
Software:

Old

Just another note as well.

I'm going to be looking at going self-employed in a few weeks and earn my income on the internet through web design and other services (just need a little more practise). So i can easily provide 12 hour live support through out the day, then use my phone to respond to high priority support requests if necessary.

So there really is nothing to worry about, i've got enough money saved up to keep the business running for quite a while yet without any profit, with any other income going towards it.

Jamie Hann

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2